National Handwashing Awareness Week is being celebrated December 2 - 8, 2012. We all know that germs are everywhere and they can make us very sick. Proper handwashing is the number one defense against the spread of disease. To help your family and friends stay healthier, concentrate on following these four principles of hand awareness:
* Wash your hands when they are dirty and always BEFORE eating. Wash at least as long as it takes to sing Happy Birthday.
* Do NOT cough into your hands (cough into your sleeve)
* Do NOT sneeze into your hands (sneeze into your sleeve)
* Above all, DO NOT put your fingers into your eyes, nose or mouth.
We will never get rid of those pesky germs but we can try to keep them out of our bodies by practicing good hand health. Learn to make hand health a priority. Stay healthy in order to have a happy holiday season celebrating in ways special to you! For further information, contact the West Allis Health Department at 414-302-8600.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015