National Handwashing Awareness Week is being celebrated December 2 - 8, 2012. We all know that germs are everywhere and they can make us very sick. Proper handwashing is the number one defense against the spread of disease. To help your family and friends stay healthier, concentrate on following these four principles of hand awareness:
* Wash your hands when they are dirty and always BEFORE eating. Wash at least as long as it takes to sing Happy Birthday.
* Do NOT cough into your hands (cough into your sleeve)
* Do NOT sneeze into your hands (sneeze into your sleeve)
* Above all, DO NOT put your fingers into your eyes, nose or mouth.
We will never get rid of those pesky germs but we can try to keep them out of our bodies by practicing good hand health. Learn to make hand health a priority. Stay healthy in order to have a happy holiday season celebrating in ways special to you! For further information, contact the West Allis Health Department at 414-302-8600.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin