National Handwashing Awareness Week is being celebrated December 2 - 8, 2012. We all know that germs are everywhere and they can make us very sick. Proper handwashing is the number one defense against the spread of disease. To help your family and friends stay healthier, concentrate on following these four principles of hand awareness:
* Wash your hands when they are dirty and always BEFORE eating. Wash at least as long as it takes to sing Happy Birthday.
* Do NOT cough into your hands (cough into your sleeve)
* Do NOT sneeze into your hands (sneeze into your sleeve)
* Above all, DO NOT put your fingers into your eyes, nose or mouth.
We will never get rid of those pesky germs but we can try to keep them out of our bodies by practicing good hand health. Learn to make hand health a priority. Stay healthy in order to have a happy holiday season celebrating in ways special to you! For further information, contact the West Allis Health Department at 414-302-8600.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22