National Handwashing Awareness Week is being celebrated December 2 - 8, 2012. We all know that germs are everywhere and they can make us very sick. Proper handwashing is the number one defense against the spread of disease. To help your family and friends stay healthier, concentrate on following these four principles of hand awareness:
* Wash your hands when they are dirty and always BEFORE eating. Wash at least as long as it takes to sing Happy Birthday.
* Do NOT cough into your hands (cough into your sleeve)
* Do NOT sneeze into your hands (sneeze into your sleeve)
* Above all, DO NOT put your fingers into your eyes, nose or mouth.
We will never get rid of those pesky germs but we can try to keep them out of our bodies by practicing good hand health. Learn to make hand health a priority. Stay healthy in order to have a happy holiday season celebrating in ways special to you! For further information, contact the West Allis Health Department at 414-302-8600.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class