National Handwashing Awareness Week is being celebrated December 2 - 8, 2012. We all know that germs are everywhere and they can make us very sick. Proper handwashing is the number one defense against the spread of disease. To help your family and friends stay healthier, concentrate on following these four principles of hand awareness:
* Wash your hands when they are dirty and always BEFORE eating. Wash at least as long as it takes to sing Happy Birthday.
* Do NOT cough into your hands (cough into your sleeve)
* Do NOT sneeze into your hands (sneeze into your sleeve)
* Above all, DO NOT put your fingers into your eyes, nose or mouth.
We will never get rid of those pesky germs but we can try to keep them out of our bodies by practicing good hand health. Learn to make hand health a priority. Stay healthy in order to have a happy holiday season celebrating in ways special to you! For further information, contact the West Allis Health Department at 414-302-8600.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Bank Names Eddingsaas Controller, Adds Personal Banker
- Opus Foundation(R) awards more than $200,000 to Milwaukee-area organizations
- BBB Helps Consumers Get The Most Out Of Their Gift Cards
- Ensuring Continuity of Care: Team Seeks to Improve Patient Transitions
- Reduce Stress with Holiday Travel Tips from the Better Business Bureau
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests How Changes to Your Home Can Help Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2013 – Nominations Being Accepted
- 2014 Tosa Baseball/Tosa Girsl Fastpitch Softball League Registration is Open!
- Waterstone Mortgage Names Bob Selingo as Senior Vice President - Secondary Marketing
- St. Jude Parishioners Commemorate Advent