Your time, talents and passion to fight back against cancer are greatly needed to help plan and implement your local American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life especially in the communities of Milwaukee, Brown Deer, Wauwatosa, Franklin, Greenfield, Greendale, Cudahy and South Milwaukee.
Date(s): Volunteer planning committee members are needed beginning in December through August.
Contact person: Allison Klein
Has cancer impacted your life? For way too many of us cancer hits too close to home. Today is the day to join the American Cancer Society’s mission to put an end to all forms of cancer – help people stay well, get well, fight back and find cures.
By volunteering with your local American Cancer Society Relay For Life you will help bring together your community in the fight against cancer, raise money for a cure, and support an organization that provides free rides and lodging for cancer patients going through treatment.
Our planning committee is looking for committed individuals who want to help:
recruit and mentor teams, network and connect with cancer survivors, coordinate projects and activities, light the way of hope through luminarias, plus so much more.
Interested? We'd love to talk with you. Call or email Allison Klein at the American Cancer Society. For more information, call 262-312-4363 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the American Cancer Society, our research, and our free programs and services to help cancer patients and their families. Visit our website: www.cancer.org.
Did you know?
Since 1985, Relay For Life has raised over $4 billion for cancer program support and research, and over 3 million people participate in Relay For Life nationwide.
– When we walk together, we are bigger than cancer. –
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS