Thanks to a grant from the Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW), Wauwatosa West High School is home to Gallery 114, a gallery featuring artwork and writing submitted by Wauwatosa West students. While art teacher, Jessica Belich, is the force behind the creation of the gallery, she says it is now run by the students. Senior Isaac Micheal is the gallery director and junior Maureen Vento is the gallery assistant. In addition to creating a space to showcase the talents of Wauwatosa West students, Gallery 114 was developed as a way to give real world work experience in managing the activities of an art gallery.
The December exhibit in Gallery 114 is "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder". This latest exhibit features works which show us what the artist finds beautiful and may include short stories and poetry. The show runs from November 29, 2012 - December 3, 2013.
Gallery 114 is located in the library on the east side of the Steiner Center and is open to the public weekdays from 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. If you'd like to visit during school hours (8:00 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.) please enter through the attendance office, sign in, and obtain a pass.
For more information on the EFW please visit our website at www.tosaefw.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: December schedule
- Appliance Gallery Suggests Holiday Appliance Ideas
- Tosa West Orchestra Kindekonzert Sat. Dec. 5th
- Allume Architects celebrates move to Elm Grove with ribbon-cutting and open house
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Christmas Concert
- Acacia Ushers in Christmas with Wauwatosa Actor in Humorous “Fish Eyes”
- “Shop Savvy” on Cyber Monday - and Every Day
- MCW, Dr. Doug Evans and Elizabeth Krzywda, win BizTimes 2015 Health Care Hero Awards
- ‘Black Friday’ Vehicle Purchase at Russ Darrow Includes Packer Player Collector Canvas
- Christmas at the Horse