This holiday season, the Shorewood Business Improvement District and North Star American Bistro are teaming up to host a free holiday dining etiquette class for kids ages 7-12 years old. The class takes place Saturday, December 8 at North Star American Bistro, 4518 N. Oakland Avenue from 10:30 a.m. -Noon.
Get ready for a fun learning experience with local expert Margery Sinclair! Since 1980, Margery has taught professional and social etiquette classes for schools, colleges and corporations.
Children who grow up with knowledge of manners have a lifelong advantage in job situations and personal relationships. This fun class will include shaking hands (with eye contact, good posture, and a smile), practice in setting the table, how to hold the silverware, what to say if you don't like the food, and thanking the host. The reasons for the rules are always made clear.
Kids will practice the new skills during a light lunch. Margery makes learning etiquette easy and fun - and kids will be the stars of any family holiday gathering or formal meal out this season.
The class is FREE and limited to the first 15 children who sign up. Lunch is included. Email email@example.com to register or for more info.
This class is presented as part of the Shorewood Business Improvement District's holiday shopping event Stop, Shop & Restore, which takes place on Saturday, Dec. 8 from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. For more info, visit www.shorewoodwi.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability