Milwaukee's West Side Kicks off the Holidays with West Side Holiday Happenings Nov. 16-17
Milwaukee's West Side is offering up an abundance of unique dining, shopping and entertainment experiences during West Side Holiday Happenings on Friday, November 16 from 5-9PM and Saturday, November 17 from 10AM-4PM. Explore Vliet Street from 43rd to 60th Streets, North Avenue from 52nd to 53rd, and Martin Drive at Highland Boulevard during this weekend long event.
Here you will find locally owned galleries, restaurants, boutiques, bakeries and more, each offering affordable, one-of-a-kind gifts for everyone on your holiday shopping list. Friday night offers up open houses at many of the participating businesses with festive refreshments available. Select businesses will be offering make-and-take holiday projects on Saturday that are great for all ages and make wonderful gifts.
Santa is visiting the West Side on Saturday. Children of all ages are welcome to visit with him at Rainbow Booksellers (5704 W. Vliet) from 11AM to noon and from 1-2PM at Art & Soul Gallery (5706-08 W. Vliet).
Make your holiday list and start your shopping November 16 & 17. You won't need to check your list twice because you'll find everything on it during Westside Holiday Happenings!
Visit www.whna.net for a list of participating businesses, make and take project locations, and more. Connect with West Side Holiday Happenings on Facebook for sneak previews and additional information.
This event has been made possible by generous contributions from Washington Heights Neighborhood Association and the West End Vliet Street Business Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Researchers discover new gene responsible for traits involved in diabetes
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Treating post-traumatic stress disorder
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- “Get Your Rear in Gear” run/walk for colon cancer prevention and research
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014