Members and guests of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) will learn about leadership skills from Nancy Stanford-Blair, a professor at Cardinal Stritch University. The program will be held in the Community Room of Sunset Theater, Elm Grove, at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 14.
The women's organization will begin at 6:30 p.m. with its annual Chili Supper; local college students who are recipients of the AAUW's West Suburban-Milwaukee branch are invited. A brief business meeting will precede the program.
Prof. Stanford-Blair, a former K-12 administrator and teacher, holds her doctorate degree from Cardinal Stritch University. She specializes in leadership, organizational development and the creation of learning organizations. She has co-authored three books on the subject of leadership.
Her topic for Wednesday is titled "Your Life Is Your Message."
For information about AAUW or this program, please call Anne Kreul of the Program Committee: Anne Kreul, 414-840-4838.
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016