Students in Linda Forbord and Betsy Heun's junior kindergarten classes at Underwood Elementary are learning to advance their writing skills and their knowledge of the letter/sound system which comprises our language. Using a $1,213 grant from the EFW, Forbord and Heun have created prop boxes that students use in play centers to help increase their writing.
For more information on the EFW and all the grants, please visit www.tosaefw.org. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Summer Reading is Starting Soon
- MCW researchers find “color-correcting glasses” don’t live up to the hype
- YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY PARTNERS WITH ELMBROOK SCHOOL DISTRICT ON BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM