Diane W. Braza, M.D., associate professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation and associate professor of neurosurgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been named chairman of MCW’s department of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Dr. Braza is the physical medicine and rehabilitation residency program director and has been serving as interim chair of the department since October 2011. Prior to assuming the role of interim chair, she served as Medical Director of Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin SpineCare Program.
Dr. Braza practices at Froedtert Hospital. She oversees MCW’s physical medicine and rehabilitation programs at Froedtert, the Zablocki VA Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Joseph E. Kerschner, M.D., executive vice president and dean of MCW’s medical school, cited Dr. Braza’s leadership in education as a key factor in her appointment as chair of the department.
“As the director of the department’s residency program, Dr. Braza transformed that curriculum. She is a respected clinician, educator and researcher,” Dr. Kerschner said.
Dr. Braza received her bachelor of science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 1983, and earned her medical degree from MCW in 1987. She served an internship at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Milwaukee from 1987-1988 and completed residencies at MCW in physical medicine and rehabilitation and internal medicine between 1988 and 1992. Dr. Braza joined the MCW faculty in 1992.
She is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine and the American Board of PM&R, Pain Subspecialty. Dr. Braza was named a “Top Doctor” by Milwaukee Magazine in 2008 and 2012.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military