Diane W. Braza, M.D., associate professor of physical medicine and rehabilitation and associate professor of neurosurgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been named chairman of MCW’s department of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Dr. Braza is the physical medicine and rehabilitation residency program director and has been serving as interim chair of the department since October 2011. Prior to assuming the role of interim chair, she served as Medical Director of Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin SpineCare Program.
Dr. Braza practices at Froedtert Hospital. She oversees MCW’s physical medicine and rehabilitation programs at Froedtert, the Zablocki VA Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Joseph E. Kerschner, M.D., executive vice president and dean of MCW’s medical school, cited Dr. Braza’s leadership in education as a key factor in her appointment as chair of the department.
“As the director of the department’s residency program, Dr. Braza transformed that curriculum. She is a respected clinician, educator and researcher,” Dr. Kerschner said.
Dr. Braza received her bachelor of science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 1983, and earned her medical degree from MCW in 1987. She served an internship at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Milwaukee from 1987-1988 and completed residencies at MCW in physical medicine and rehabilitation and internal medicine between 1988 and 1992. Dr. Braza joined the MCW faculty in 1992.
She is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine and the American Board of PM&R, Pain Subspecialty. Dr. Braza was named a “Top Doctor” by Milwaukee Magazine in 2008 and 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- BBB WGA Offers Tips to Avoid Donor Deception
- Village of Pleasant Prairie Park & Ride Lot Named “Project of the Year” by the American Public Works Association