The world premiere of Jon Mueller’s “Death Blues (no time like the present)” takes place on a radically transformed stage of the Pitman Theater on November 16 and 17. “Death Blues” is a multi-disciplinary piece involving music, design, dance, scent and food commissioned by Alverno Presents. Due to the unique nature of this performance, only 100 people may attend each show.
What happens when we thoroughly understand that our time is finite? How does the understanding of our end shape our present? How do we become more “present?” These crucial questions are often buried by routine. “Death Blues (no time like the present)” seeks to excavate these questions in ways both necessary and unexpected.
Jon Mueller is a composer and a percussionist. He has performed solo and in various groupings throughout North America, United Kingdom, Europe, and Japan, and he has worked with members of the groups Swans, Wilco and Bon Iver.
Single tickets are $20. Season subscriptions are still available at a discount off single ticket prices when purchasing three or more events. Tickets may be purchased through the Alverno Presents Box Office at 414-382-6044 or on-line at http://alvernopresents.alverno.edu.
Alverno Presents, the performing arts series of Alverno College, is celebrating its 53rd year. The series has innovated beyond our history as the longest running, continuous arts presenter in the city, to our niche of presenting contemporary dance, world music and jazz and an array of performance events. Alverno Presents shares the school’s mission by ensuring broad access to and participation in learning, experiencing and developing the arts for the learning community of Alverno, and our community as a whole. For more information on Alverno Presents, special projects, media reviews and more, visit alvernopresents.alverno.edu, contact Alverno Presents Director David Ravel at 414-382-6150, or e-mail email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available