November 17th,UUCW Coffee House West Presents an African Drumming Group and Jazz Guitarist
Our November 17th UUCW Coffee House will feature the African Drum Group Fanka Foli (Malinke for Energetic Music) during the first set. This group from Wauwatosa studies traditional music from West Africa through master drummers such as Mamady Keita and Famoudou Konate.
The second set will feature Michael Boothroyd, a singer songwriter who will present fingerstyle jazz guitar music with a promising spirit of joy and hope. His music is not a re-creation of standard jazz songs but instead are new, with a quality to pique your aural senses. Michael received a BA in jazz guitar performance from the University of North Carolina.
Suggested donation is $7.00 with doors open at 7:00 pm. The first set will be at 7:30 followed by an intermission and the second set. The UUCW Community Room will be set up in cabaret style with card tables and chairs to encourage casual conversation. Refreshments will be available for purchase in the foyer.
UUCW is located at 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield and is handicap accessible. For more information contact the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org or 262 782-3535.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller
- Dr. Matthew Hunsaker Named Campus Dean for Medical College of Wisconsin–Green Bay
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success