November 17th,UUCW Coffee House West Presents an African Drumming Group and Jazz Guitarist
Our November 17th UUCW Coffee House will feature the African Drum Group Fanka Foli (Malinke for Energetic Music) during the first set. This group from Wauwatosa studies traditional music from West Africa through master drummers such as Mamady Keita and Famoudou Konate.
The second set will feature Michael Boothroyd, a singer songwriter who will present fingerstyle jazz guitar music with a promising spirit of joy and hope. His music is not a re-creation of standard jazz songs but instead are new, with a quality to pique your aural senses. Michael received a BA in jazz guitar performance from the University of North Carolina.
Suggested donation is $7.00 with doors open at 7:00 pm. The first set will be at 7:30 followed by an intermission and the second set. The UUCW Community Room will be set up in cabaret style with card tables and chairs to encourage casual conversation. Refreshments will be available for purchase in the foyer.
UUCW is located at 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield and is handicap accessible. For more information contact the church office, email@example.com or 262 782-3535.
- Alverno College Announces Faculty Promotions
- July 4th Parade Entry Deadline Friday
- Callen Offers Advice On When It’s Time To Replace Windows
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in June!
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays