Premiering for the first time in Skylight Music Theatre’s 54 year history is the beloved musical, The Sound of Music, the true story of the von Trapp Family singers complete with cherished Rogers and Hammerstein melodies. Skylight’s production of the classic musical will feature the largest cast to date with a total of 62 members. Twenty-three of those members are youth actors from the local Milwaukee area including two from Wauwatosa.
Mary Kayser (Trio) - Fresh off closing night as one of the leading roles in Cats at Wauwatosa West High School, Mary has appeared in dozens of other musical productions throughout the area. From Cinderella to the rebellious Ariel in Footloose, this high school junior has been making a place for herself in local theater since she was 5 years old and plans to study musical theater in college.
Erin Stapleton (Liesl) – Erin Stapleton is a high school senior. This is her first time on the Skylight Music Theatre stage and she couldn’t be happier with it. Erin has had the joy of performing several productions with First Stage, last seen as Meg in A Wrinkle in Time, and recently with Sunset Playhouse in their Musical Mainstage cabaret series.
The show will run from November 16 to December 31 in the Cabot Theatre. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Skylight box office at 414-291-7800 or online at www.skylightmusictheatre.org. Filled with childhood favorites like “Do-Re-Mi”, “My Favorite Things” and “Edelweiss”, The Sound of Music is the perfect family show for the holiday season!
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016