In elementary classrooms teachers use Literature Circles as a means of introducing students to literature that enriches their understanding of the word through new concepts. Through a $1,000 grant from the Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW), Carrie Streiff-Stuessy and Donna Koeble at Washington Elementary were able to purchase supplemental materials to enhance the reading program. These additional books will enable teachers to implement new vocabulary, additional genres, and multi-cultural themes.
For more information on the EFW visit www.tosaefw.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award