In elementary classrooms teachers use Literature Circles as a means of introducing students to literature that enriches their understanding of the word through new concepts. Through a $1,000 grant from the Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW), Carrie Streiff-Stuessy and Donna Koeble at Washington Elementary were able to purchase supplemental materials to enhance the reading program. These additional books will enable teachers to implement new vocabulary, additional genres, and multi-cultural themes.
For more information on the EFW visit www.tosaefw.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Announcing Wisconsin Massage Clinic Open House
- BBB's 10 Tips for Safe Online Shopping On Cyber Monday
- IndependenceFirst Milwaukee Heat “Big Cheese Classic” wheelchair basketball tourney
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday