In elementary classrooms teachers use Literature Circles as a means of introducing students to literature that enriches their understanding of the word through new concepts. Through a $1,000 grant from the Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW), Carrie Streiff-Stuessy and Donna Koeble at Washington Elementary were able to purchase supplemental materials to enhance the reading program. These additional books will enable teachers to implement new vocabulary, additional genres, and multi-cultural themes.
For more information on the EFW visit www.tosaefw.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic