In elementary classrooms teachers use Literature Circles as a means of introducing students to literature that enriches their understanding of the word through new concepts. Through a $1,000 grant from the Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW), Carrie Streiff-Stuessy and Donna Koeble at Washington Elementary were able to purchase supplemental materials to enhance the reading program. These additional books will enable teachers to implement new vocabulary, additional genres, and multi-cultural themes.
For more information on the EFW visit www.tosaefw.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- ESPRIT Poms & Dance Team Will Perform in DISNEY in 2015
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure
- College announces plans for parking structure
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year