In elementary classrooms teachers use Literature Circles as a means of introducing students to literature that enriches their understanding of the word through new concepts. Through a $1,000 grant from the Education Foundation of Wauwatosa (EFW), Carrie Streiff-Stuessy and Donna Koeble at Washington Elementary were able to purchase supplemental materials to enhance the reading program. These additional books will enable teachers to implement new vocabulary, additional genres, and multi-cultural themes.
For more information on the EFW visit www.tosaefw.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Volunteer! It's the "nice" of life!
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Wauwatosa Health Department Flu Clinics
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned