“Hollow Earth,” a children’s fantasy novel, will have its official U.S. launch on Friday, November 2 at Alverno College. Authors John and Carole Barrowman will be on hand signing books. Carole Barrowman is a writer and professor of English at Alverno College. Her brother John is a star of stage and screen, best known for his portrayal of Captain Jack Harkness on the BBC’s “Doctor Who” and “Torchwood.” Boswell Books, a sponsor of the event, will have copies of the book available for purchase. “Hollow Earth” was released in the United Kingdom in February of this year.
The book tells the story of 12-year-old twins with the power to bring art to life and the ability to jump into paintings. Villains want to use the twins’ powers to access Hollow Earth, a place where all the demons, devils and creatures ever imagined lie trapped for eternity, and they will stop at nothing to get them.
The book signing will take place at 7 p.m. in Wehr Hall, and the event will be hosted by Molly Fay, co-host of TMJ4’s “The Morning Blend.” The program will include an interview segment followed by questions from the audience.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For two years in a row, Alverno College was ranked first in the Midwest for doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7