“Hollow Earth,” a children’s fantasy novel, will have its official U.S. launch on Friday, November 2 at Alverno College. Authors John and Carole Barrowman will be on hand signing books. Carole Barrowman is a writer and professor of English at Alverno College. Her brother John is a star of stage and screen, best known for his portrayal of Captain Jack Harkness on the BBC’s “Doctor Who” and “Torchwood.” Boswell Books, a sponsor of the event, will have copies of the book available for purchase. “Hollow Earth” was released in the United Kingdom in February of this year.
The book tells the story of 12-year-old twins with the power to bring art to life and the ability to jump into paintings. Villains want to use the twins’ powers to access Hollow Earth, a place where all the demons, devils and creatures ever imagined lie trapped for eternity, and they will stop at nothing to get them.
The book signing will take place at 7 p.m. in Wehr Hall, and the event will be hosted by Molly Fay, co-host of TMJ4’s “The Morning Blend.” The program will include an interview segment followed by questions from the audience.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For two years in a row, Alverno College was ranked first in the Midwest for doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available