Thanks to a grant from the EFW, Wauwatosa West is home to Gallery 114, a gallery featuring artwork and writing submitted by Wauwatosa West students. While art teacher, Jessica Belich, is the force behind the creation of the gallery, she says it is now run by the students. Senior Isaac Micheal is the gallery director and junior Maureen Vento is the gallery assistant. In addition to creating a space to showcase the talents of Wauwatosa West students, Gallery 114 was developed as a way to give real world work experience in managing the activities of an art gallery.
The November exhibit in Gallery 114 is "Movies & Music". This latest exhibit features works which use a movie or song as inspiration. The show runs from October 25, 2012 - November 29, 2012.
Gallery 114 is located in the library on the east side of the Steiner Center and is open to the public weekdays from 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. If you'd like to visit during school hours (8:00 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.) please enter through the attendance office, sign in, and obtain a pass.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements