The Milwaukee Art Museum’s next monthly Target Free First Thursday is set for Thursday, March 1, 2012. Admission is free for all individuals, and it is the public’s first opportunity to see "Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Gainsborough: The Treasures of Kenwood House, London" for free.
“We are thrilled to be able to offer this opportunity to our visitors,” said Museum director Daniel Keegan. “Since the program started, over 30,000 people have participated in Target Free First Thursdays. The Museum has outstanding exhibitions running at the moment, and I encourage everyone to experience them.”
The Museum’s feature exhibition, "Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Gainsborough: The Treasures of Kenwood House, London," is an exhibition of forty-eight masterpieces on tour from the Iveagh Bequest collection. Most of the paintings have never traveled to the States before, and many of them have rarely been seen outside London’s Kenwood House.
Also included on November 1 is a film screening of “The Rape of Europa,” which is presented in conjunction with the exhibition "Grete Marks: When Modern Was Degenerate". The film begins at 6:15 p.m. in Lubar Auditorium and will be followed by a talkback, in collaboration with the Sam & Helen Stahl Center for Jewish Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Target Free First Thursdays provides all Museum visitors with free admission on the first Thursday of each month. The Museum is open Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Future Target Free First Thursday dates include December 6, 2012 and January 3, 2013.
“At Target, our local grants are making a difference in the communities we serve,” said Laysha Ward, president, community relations, Target. “We’re proud to partner with the Milwaukee Art Museum as part of our ongoing commitment to give back to the communities where our guests and team members live and work.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability