The office of the Milwaukee chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (Milwaukee/NARI), the area’s leading home improvement and remodeling industry resource for more than 51 years, is officially serving as a Salvation Army of Milwaukee County Toy Shop collection location.
Starting Thurs., Nov. 1 through Thurs., Dec. 13, new (and unwrapped) toys along with cash contributions will be collected for underprivileged children in Milwaukee County at the Milwaukee/NARI office, 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave. (second floor) in Wauwatosa.
The office is open to the public Mon. – Fri. from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Call Milwaukee/NARI at 414-771-4071 for directions.
In addition, Milwaukee/NARI members and their staffs will donate to the toy collection drive and the Salvation Army’s annual Red Kettle Campaign, with the association’s annual holiday party collecting toys for the drive.
The mission of the Salvation Army Toy Shop is to provides parents with the opportunity to “shop” for toys that have been donated and collected in the community. Parents make selections based on the age and gender of their children and are able to surprise them on Christmas morning with toys. The Salvation Army Toy shop is supported by toy drives and collections that take place throughout the year. Hundreds of volunteers are used to sort toys and assist parents with their selections. Over 10,000 children receive toys through this annual community program.
The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council was chartered in July 1961, as a Chapter of the National Home Improvement Council. In May of 1982, the National Home Improvement Council merged with the National Remodelers Association to form NARI – the National Association of the Remodeling Industry. With over 800 members, the Milwaukee Chapter is the largest in the nation.
The Council’s goals of encouraging ethical conduct, sound business practices, and professionalism in the remodeling industry have led to the growth of the remodeling industry nationwide and made NARI a recognized authority in that industry.
For more information or to receive a free copy of an annual membership roster listing all members alphabetically and by category, and the booklet, “Milwaukee/NARI’s Remodeling Guide,” call 414-771-4071 or visit the Council’s website at www.milwaukeenari.org.
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!