Pathologist Irene Aguilera-Barrantes joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital staff
Irene Aguilera-Barrantes, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She practices at Froedtert Hospital.
Board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes specializes in surgical and gynecological pathology. Her research has focused on cancer and the female reproductive system.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes was an assistant professor in the pathology department at Hospital San Juan de Dios in San Jose, Costa Rica. From 2008 to 2010, she completed fellowships in surgical pathology and gynecological pathology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
After earning her M.D. from the Escuela Autónoma de Ciencias Medicas de Centroamérica in San Jose, Costa Rica, in 1999, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes completed a residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, where she was named chief resident in 2007.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East's first EcoFair
- Director of NIH National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to visit MCW
- Imaging the windows to the soul: eye researchers pursue “audacious” goal
- Two Delafield Homes on 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes to Feature Three Wauwatosa Area Projects
- Paper Source ~ Seeking Store Manager
- A new use for older drugs to target the spread of breast cancer
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR MAY EVENT
- YOGA BENEFIT for META HOUSE
- Gymnastics Tryouts Being Held For Boys, Girls, and Tumbling & Trampoline Teams