Pathologist Irene Aguilera-Barrantes joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital staff
Irene Aguilera-Barrantes, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She practices at Froedtert Hospital.
Board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes specializes in surgical and gynecological pathology. Her research has focused on cancer and the female reproductive system.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes was an assistant professor in the pathology department at Hospital San Juan de Dios in San Jose, Costa Rica. From 2008 to 2010, she completed fellowships in surgical pathology and gynecological pathology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
After earning her M.D. from the Escuela Autónoma de Ciencias Medicas de Centroamérica in San Jose, Costa Rica, in 1999, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes completed a residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, where she was named chief resident in 2007.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic