Pathologist Irene Aguilera-Barrantes joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital staff
Irene Aguilera-Barrantes, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She practices at Froedtert Hospital.
Board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes specializes in surgical and gynecological pathology. Her research has focused on cancer and the female reproductive system.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes was an assistant professor in the pathology department at Hospital San Juan de Dios in San Jose, Costa Rica. From 2008 to 2010, she completed fellowships in surgical pathology and gynecological pathology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
After earning her M.D. from the Escuela Autónoma de Ciencias Medicas de Centroamérica in San Jose, Costa Rica, in 1999, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes completed a residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, where she was named chief resident in 2007.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW researchers to study treatment reporting tools for breast cancer care
- Thanksgiving Day Worship Service
- Wordsworth Trust Curator to Speak at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Hart Park Fall Clean-up & Weed-out
- MCW enters new era of medical education
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Ensure a Positive Remodeling Experience in 6 Steps
- Medical physicist named 2014 Educator of the Year
- Does breast milk affect necrotizing enterocolitis?
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room