Pathologist Irene Aguilera-Barrantes joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital staff
Irene Aguilera-Barrantes, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She practices at Froedtert Hospital.
Board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes specializes in surgical and gynecological pathology. Her research has focused on cancer and the female reproductive system.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes was an assistant professor in the pathology department at Hospital San Juan de Dios in San Jose, Costa Rica. From 2008 to 2010, she completed fellowships in surgical pathology and gynecological pathology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
After earning her M.D. from the Escuela Autónoma de Ciencias Medicas de Centroamérica in San Jose, Costa Rica, in 1999, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes completed a residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, where she was named chief resident in 2007.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease