Pathologist Irene Aguilera-Barrantes joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital staff
Irene Aguilera-Barrantes, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She practices at Froedtert Hospital.
Board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes specializes in surgical and gynecological pathology. Her research has focused on cancer and the female reproductive system.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes was an assistant professor in the pathology department at Hospital San Juan de Dios in San Jose, Costa Rica. From 2008 to 2010, she completed fellowships in surgical pathology and gynecological pathology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
After earning her M.D. from the Escuela Autónoma de Ciencias Medicas de Centroamérica in San Jose, Costa Rica, in 1999, Dr. Aguilera-Barrantes completed a residency in anatomic and clinical pathology at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, where she was named chief resident in 2007.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland