Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin will co-host A Survival Training Workshop for Caregivers on Saturday, November 10, 2012 from 8 am to 3 pm at the Country Springs Hotel, Pewaukee. A nationally known speaker on the subject of caregiving, Elaine Sanchez, will provide a keynote address followed by a caregiver self-assessment session and exercises focused on anger, guilt, depression and grief.
Participants will be given a Caregiver Survival Training Manual which provides tools on time management, socialization, humor, memories, spiritual and emotional health, attitude, and accepting death as a part
The $20 registration fee includes continental breakfast and lunch. To register, call 1-800-272-3666.
Froedtert & The Medical College are co-hosting this event with the American Parkinson Disease Association Wisconsin Chapter and the Huntington's Disease Society of America Wisconsin Chapter. The workshop is open to anyone who is caring for a loved one.
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin combine the strengths of Froedtert Hospital and The Medical College in an academic medical center that delivers advanced medical care. Froedtert & The Medical College are nationally recognized for exceptional physicians, research leadership, specialty expertise and state-of-the-science treatments and technology. For more information, visit
froedtert.com and mcw.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council