Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Rich Woods; President Elect – Dave Eppelsheimer; Vice president – Eli Potkonjak; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Taylor Poehls.
Directors: Bob Gross, Warren Carity, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz, Ed Ellingson, John Foley
Looking forward to the meeting of October 16, 2012
Programs and Events
Next week's program is still TBD
Jan Fitzgerald – October 27
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Bob Gross wasn't happy, but he contributed a dollar, because he was looking forward to completing the sales and use tax audit that started at his office Tuesday morning. Dave Eppelsheimer was happy about Ray's providing nine cases of beer at cost for the wine and beers tasting event. Eli Potkonjak was happy that his weight was down, but he's not sure it's been worth it. Rich Woods was happy to have discovered that Dick Pietsch's bequest enabled Rich's architectural work for a church to be realized. John Foley paid a buck to read the Wisconsin Taxpayer's Alliance statistics (http://wistax.org/facts), some of which actually make Wisconsin sound like a good place to live.
We didn't have a regular program, but Tom Shultz told us about his engagement in Watkins Glen, New York, where, in his capacity as historian of Road America, he spoke to an conference at the International Motor Racing Research Center. Apparently all the lights of motor racing were shining on Tom over the weekend.
Beer & Wine Tasting: The big event is Friday, November 2. Eli will be mailing tickets to members who haven't received tickets at meetings. Larry Schneider needs good auction items, because the auction is what bumps the bottom line.
Programs: Dave Eppelsheimer will be providing a list of program assignments. Please tell Dave about your program as far in advance as possible.
Members: Warren Carity attended the directors' meeting last week, but he's still struggling. Warren Breitlow is living in the Trinity facility at 76th Street and Dean Road. Gary Krueger hopes to be out of the Lutheran Home in a couple of weeks.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th