Dermatologist Stefan Schieke joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital staff
Stefan M. Schieke, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of Dermatology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patient at Froedtert Hospital in the Clinical Cancer Center and at Froedtert Health Community Memorial Medical Commons in Menomonee Falls.
Dr. Schieke, originally from Duesseldorf, Germany, received his MD degree with honors in 2001 from Heinrich-Heine-University in Duesseldorf. He recently completed his residency in dermatology at Boston University Medical School, and was named chief resident in his final year.
Before his clinical training in Boston, Dr. Schieke was a research fellow at the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md. During that time his research focused on the cellular and molecular aspects of aging, cancer and stem cell biology. His work has been published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, Cell Metabolism, and the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
At MCW, Dr. Schieke’s clinical interest will be in cutaneous oncology with a particular emphasis on cutaneous lymphoma and melanoma. His academic focus will be the characterization of novel treatments in cutaneous oncology that bridge the gap between discoveries in the laboratory and everyday clinical care of challenging diseases.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award