Dermatologist Stefan Schieke joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital staff
Stefan M. Schieke, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of Dermatology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patient at Froedtert Hospital in the Clinical Cancer Center and at Froedtert Health Community Memorial Medical Commons in Menomonee Falls.
Dr. Schieke, originally from Duesseldorf, Germany, received his MD degree with honors in 2001 from Heinrich-Heine-University in Duesseldorf. He recently completed his residency in dermatology at Boston University Medical School, and was named chief resident in his final year.
Before his clinical training in Boston, Dr. Schieke was a research fellow at the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md. During that time his research focused on the cellular and molecular aspects of aging, cancer and stem cell biology. His work has been published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, Cell Metabolism, and the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
At MCW, Dr. Schieke’s clinical interest will be in cutaneous oncology with a particular emphasis on cutaneous lymphoma and melanoma. His academic focus will be the characterization of novel treatments in cutaneous oncology that bridge the gap between discoveries in the laboratory and everyday clinical care of challenging diseases.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Loving Touch Infant Massage
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2014 Officers and Directors
- Suburpia in Wauwatosa,WI is OPEN!
- Klotz One of Four Finalists for the Gagliardi Trophy
- Medical Student Awarded Tylenol Future Care Scholarship
- Celebrate the Holiday Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- C.H. Coakey Announces Promotion
- Enjoy Mount Hope's Candlelight Christmas Concert This Sunday
- Milwaukee Festival Brass
- New Zounds Hearing Center Offers Greater Performance, Ease of Use for Hearing Aid Wearers