Jay Sandlow, M.D., vice chairman and professor of urology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), is editor of Microsurgery for Fertility Specialists: A Practical Text, a recently published textbook for physicians who specialize in the surgical treatment of male infertility and andrology (male reproductive health). Dr. Sandlow practices at Froedtert Hospital and also is the director of the male infertility and andrology fellowship program in MCW’s department of urology.
In addition to being editor of the textbook, published by Springer Science and Business Media, Dr. Sandlow also authored two chapters with the assistance of Drs. Joshua A. Bodie and Anand Shridharani, fellows in MCW’s department of urology.
Microsurgery for Fertility Specialists explains the basics of microsurgery and provides detailed operative descriptions of procedures such as vasectomy reversal, varicocele (varicose vein) repair, sperm retrieval, tubal reanastomosis (reconnection), and penile surgery.
“This book will help providers who have a basic knowledge of infertility surgery to become better prepared in the field, and will allow those with more sophisticated knowledge to maintain and advance their microsurgical practice,” said Dr. Sandlow. “There are also chapters specifically dedicated to the education of residents and fellows, as they are the future of infertility surgery.” To that end, junior authors helped senior authors write each chapter of Microsurgery for Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Sandlow is a fellowship-trained specialist in male infertility. He is experienced in microsurgery and minimally invasive treatments for male contraception. He sees patients at Froedtert Hospital, the Zablocki V.A. Medical Center, St. Joseph’s Hospital in West Bend and Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids