Jay Sandlow, M.D., vice chairman and professor of urology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), is editor of Microsurgery for Fertility Specialists: A Practical Text, a recently published textbook for physicians who specialize in the surgical treatment of male infertility and andrology (male reproductive health). Dr. Sandlow practices at Froedtert Hospital and also is the director of the male infertility and andrology fellowship program in MCW’s department of urology.
In addition to being editor of the textbook, published by Springer Science and Business Media, Dr. Sandlow also authored two chapters with the assistance of Drs. Joshua A. Bodie and Anand Shridharani, fellows in MCW’s department of urology.
Microsurgery for Fertility Specialists explains the basics of microsurgery and provides detailed operative descriptions of procedures such as vasectomy reversal, varicocele (varicose vein) repair, sperm retrieval, tubal reanastomosis (reconnection), and penile surgery.
“This book will help providers who have a basic knowledge of infertility surgery to become better prepared in the field, and will allow those with more sophisticated knowledge to maintain and advance their microsurgical practice,” said Dr. Sandlow. “There are also chapters specifically dedicated to the education of residents and fellows, as they are the future of infertility surgery.” To that end, junior authors helped senior authors write each chapter of Microsurgery for Fertility Specialists.
Dr. Sandlow is a fellowship-trained specialist in male infertility. He is experienced in microsurgery and minimally invasive treatments for male contraception. He sees patients at Froedtert Hospital, the Zablocki V.A. Medical Center, St. Joseph’s Hospital in West Bend and Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park