Pediatrician José Cabrera joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
José M. Cabrera, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board-certified in pediatrics, Dr. Cabrera specializes in inflammatory bowel disease. His research focuses on discovering new approaches to monitor pH levels in the esophagus. He has also investigated the transitional care experiences and expectations of young patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Cabrera completed a fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis.
After earning his M.D. from the University of South Alabama College of Medicine in 2005, Dr. Cabrera completed a residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Duke University in Durham, N.C., in 2000.
Dr. Cabrera received the Riley Hospital Red Shoes Award in 2009 for providing outstanding family-centered care. He is also fluent in Spanish.
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Performer Steve Girman at the Wauwatosa Public Library
- Marquette student from Menomonee Falls "Plays it forward" in support of Youth Sports Camp
- Taiwan Excellence Comes to Summerfest
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin Celebrate Project SEARCH Completion Ceremony for Adults With Disabilities
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Bessie Turns 100!
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark