Pediatrician José Cabrera joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
José M. Cabrera, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board-certified in pediatrics, Dr. Cabrera specializes in inflammatory bowel disease. His research focuses on discovering new approaches to monitor pH levels in the esophagus. He has also investigated the transitional care experiences and expectations of young patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Cabrera completed a fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis.
After earning his M.D. from the University of South Alabama College of Medicine in 2005, Dr. Cabrera completed a residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Duke University in Durham, N.C., in 2000.
Dr. Cabrera received the Riley Hospital Red Shoes Award in 2009 for providing outstanding family-centered care. He is also fluent in Spanish.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic