Pediatrician José Cabrera joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
José M. Cabrera, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board-certified in pediatrics, Dr. Cabrera specializes in inflammatory bowel disease. His research focuses on discovering new approaches to monitor pH levels in the esophagus. He has also investigated the transitional care experiences and expectations of young patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Cabrera completed a fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis.
After earning his M.D. from the University of South Alabama College of Medicine in 2005, Dr. Cabrera completed a residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Duke University in Durham, N.C., in 2000.
Dr. Cabrera received the Riley Hospital Red Shoes Award in 2009 for providing outstanding family-centered care. He is also fluent in Spanish.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Offers Creative Connections Camp
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- April Math Awareness Month
- Dr. Yvonne Chiu Receives Dermatology Foundation Career Development Award
- Finale Music Notation Software for Beginners
- Mount Mary University Senior Candice Block Honored at Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Conference
- Friends of Hart Park to Host River Clean Up
- Take Care of Your Mouth
- Attend a free Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversation Family Concert
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary