Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce Recognizes Local Businesses for Sustainability Practices
The Third Annual Sustainable Brookfield Day was held on Tuesday, September 25. The event was hosted at and by RA Smith National; it annually recognizes area businesses that are engaged in sustainable business practices – from small businesses to large, all were welcome to apply for recognition.
Carol White, President of GBCC, said, “This annual event, which is a program of the GBCC in conjunction with Waukesha County Economic Development Corporation, and the City and Town of Brookfield, annually recognizes businesses that engage in sustainability daily.”
A proclamation from City of Brookfield Mayor, Steve Ponto, declaring September 25, 2012 Sustainable Brookfield Day in the city of Brookfield started the program. A recap of businesses recognized in 2011 was then summarized followed by a presentation by RA Smith National with details on their wind turbine and solar panels, among other practices.
The businesses recognized this year included – AB Designs; BMO Financial Group – IFL Brookfield; Cartridge World; DeVry University; PNC Bank; ProShred Security; RA Smith National; Target and Universalist Church West
Highlights of each business recognized were shared with over 40 attendees. At the conclusion of the program, attendees had the opportunity to visit with and learn from those that were recognized. For more information on this program, please contact the Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce.
The Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce operates with an active committee structure where Chamber Board Members and a group of committed Chamber members organize outstanding business events and networking opportunities for area companies. The Chamber also recognizes the value in creating collaborative partnerships with other chambers in Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties. These partnerships expand the reach, influence, and visibility of the Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce and provide additional benefits to its membership.
For more information, please contact Carol White, President, Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce, at 262-786-1886 or email@example.com. www.brookfieldchamber.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award