Clinical Health Psychologist Michael DiMarco joins Medical College faculty, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center staff
Michael DiMarco, Psy.D., has been appointed assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He sees patients at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Dr. DiMarco’s clinical interests include chronic pain counseling, clinical hypnosis, and pre-surgical psychological evaluation. His published research is focused on mental health and HIV. Dr. DiMarco also frequently delivers presentations about assessing and treating individuals suffering from chronic pain.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. DiMarco spent five years as senior psychologist at the University of Wisconsin Pain Treatment and Research Center in Madison, as well as over four years as the clinical and program director for Milwaukee Health Services, Inc.’s Mental Health and HIV Primary Care Collaborative.
After earning his Psy.D. from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology in Chicago in 1999, Dr. DiMarco completed a post-doctoral fellowship focused on HIV prevention through the Center for AIDS Intervention Research at the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2001. He earned his Master of Arts degree in clinical psychology at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, N.J., in 1994. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from College of Mount Saint Vincent in Riverdale, N.Y., in 1991.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS