Clinical Health Psychologist Michael DiMarco joins Medical College faculty, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center staff
Michael DiMarco, Psy.D., has been appointed assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He sees patients at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Dr. DiMarco’s clinical interests include chronic pain counseling, clinical hypnosis, and pre-surgical psychological evaluation. His published research is focused on mental health and HIV. Dr. DiMarco also frequently delivers presentations about assessing and treating individuals suffering from chronic pain.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. DiMarco spent five years as senior psychologist at the University of Wisconsin Pain Treatment and Research Center in Madison, as well as over four years as the clinical and program director for Milwaukee Health Services, Inc.’s Mental Health and HIV Primary Care Collaborative.
After earning his Psy.D. from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology in Chicago in 1999, Dr. DiMarco completed a post-doctoral fellowship focused on HIV prevention through the Center for AIDS Intervention Research at the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2001. He earned his Master of Arts degree in clinical psychology at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, N.J., in 1994. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from College of Mount Saint Vincent in Riverdale, N.Y., in 1991.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year
- Up and Coming Website for Teen Moms
- CTSI funds ovarian cancer research
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients