Clinical Health Psychologist Michael DiMarco joins Medical College faculty, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center staff
Michael DiMarco, Psy.D., has been appointed assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He sees patients at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Dr. DiMarco’s clinical interests include chronic pain counseling, clinical hypnosis, and pre-surgical psychological evaluation. His published research is focused on mental health and HIV. Dr. DiMarco also frequently delivers presentations about assessing and treating individuals suffering from chronic pain.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. DiMarco spent five years as senior psychologist at the University of Wisconsin Pain Treatment and Research Center in Madison, as well as over four years as the clinical and program director for Milwaukee Health Services, Inc.’s Mental Health and HIV Primary Care Collaborative.
After earning his Psy.D. from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology in Chicago in 1999, Dr. DiMarco completed a post-doctoral fellowship focused on HIV prevention through the Center for AIDS Intervention Research at the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2001. He earned his Master of Arts degree in clinical psychology at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, N.J., in 1994. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from College of Mount Saint Vincent in Riverdale, N.Y., in 1991.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- Lindner Receives the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee Community Leader Award
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- A Nostalgic Afternoon