Clinical Health Psychologist Michael DiMarco joins Medical College faculty, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center staff
Michael DiMarco, Psy.D., has been appointed assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin. He sees patients at the Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center.
Dr. DiMarco’s clinical interests include chronic pain counseling, clinical hypnosis, and pre-surgical psychological evaluation. His published research is focused on mental health and HIV. Dr. DiMarco also frequently delivers presentations about assessing and treating individuals suffering from chronic pain.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. DiMarco spent five years as senior psychologist at the University of Wisconsin Pain Treatment and Research Center in Madison, as well as over four years as the clinical and program director for Milwaukee Health Services, Inc.’s Mental Health and HIV Primary Care Collaborative.
After earning his Psy.D. from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology in Chicago in 1999, Dr. DiMarco completed a post-doctoral fellowship focused on HIV prevention through the Center for AIDS Intervention Research at the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2001. He earned his Master of Arts degree in clinical psychology at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, N.J., in 1994. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from College of Mount Saint Vincent in Riverdale, N.Y., in 1991.
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Summer Reading is Starting Soon
- MCW researchers find “color-correcting glasses” don’t live up to the hype
- YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY PARTNERS WITH ELMBROOK SCHOOL DISTRICT ON BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM