The Milwaukee Festival Brass, under the direction of Dr. Mark Taylor, is opening the 2012-2013 concert season with:
Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:00 p.m.
St. Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church
1615 Wauwatosa Ave.; Wauwatosa, WI
Founded in 1986, the Milwaukee Festival Brass features 35 brass and percussion players, is the only area British Brass Band, and presents dynamic, exciting and varied programs of band classics, opera and stage themes, marches and popular music. In this season opening concert, entitled "Homecoming", The Milwaukee Festival Brass will be performing "Paganini Variations" by Phillip Wilby, "October Variations" by Eric Ball, "The Homecoming (Dehwelans)" by Geoff Richards, and others, as well as solo features for Eb tuba and cornet.
For more information on the performance, the Milwaukee Festival Brass, as well as tickets, please go to www.mfbrass.org.
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Civic Band Plays Free Concert Sunday
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- August Summer Art Camps at Cattywampus
- Flowers bring Joy and Smiles to Patients at Froedtert Hospital
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease