The Milwaukee Festival Brass, under the direction of Dr. Mark Taylor, is opening the 2012-2013 concert season with:
Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:00 p.m.
St. Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church
1615 Wauwatosa Ave.; Wauwatosa, WI
Founded in 1986, the Milwaukee Festival Brass features 35 brass and percussion players, is the only area British Brass Band, and presents dynamic, exciting and varied programs of band classics, opera and stage themes, marches and popular music. In this season opening concert, entitled "Homecoming", The Milwaukee Festival Brass will be performing "Paganini Variations" by Phillip Wilby, "October Variations" by Eric Ball, "The Homecoming (Dehwelans)" by Geoff Richards, and others, as well as solo features for Eb tuba and cornet.
For more information on the performance, the Milwaukee Festival Brass, as well as tickets, please go to www.mfbrass.org.
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016