Beth A. Erickson-Wittmann, M.D., professor of radiation oncology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been chosen as a 2012 Fellow of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO). She will receive her Fellow designation at a ceremony during ASTRO’s annual meeting in October in Boston, Mass.
Dr. Erickson-Wittmann, who practices at Froedtert Hospital, treats patients with gynecologic, gastrointestinal and orbital cancers. She specializes in the use of brachytherapy, a form of radiotherapy in which the source of radiation is placed inside or next to the place requiring treatment. She has served as a trustee on the American Board of Radiology and as president of the American Brachytherapy Society, and has published more than 70 peer-reviewed papers, chapters and reviews.
A 1984 graduate of the MCW, Dr. Erickson-Wittmann completed a residency in radiation oncology in 1988 at Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals. She then completed a clinical fellowship through the American Cancer Society, and a brachytherapy fellowship at Centre Anticancereaux Francais in France, both in 1988.
Members of ASTRO are eligible to become a Fellow if they have been part of the Society for at least 15 years, have given significant service to ASTRO and have made a significant contribution to the field of radiation oncology. The primary pathways to becoming a Fellow are excellence in research, patient care, education and leadership/service.
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!