Beth A. Erickson-Wittmann, M.D., professor of radiation oncology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), has been chosen as a 2012 Fellow of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO). She will receive her Fellow designation at a ceremony during ASTRO’s annual meeting in October in Boston, Mass.
Dr. Erickson-Wittmann, who practices at Froedtert Hospital, treats patients with gynecologic, gastrointestinal and orbital cancers. She specializes in the use of brachytherapy, a form of radiotherapy in which the source of radiation is placed inside or next to the place requiring treatment. She has served as a trustee on the American Board of Radiology and as president of the American Brachytherapy Society, and has published more than 70 peer-reviewed papers, chapters and reviews.
A 1984 graduate of the MCW, Dr. Erickson-Wittmann completed a residency in radiation oncology in 1988 at Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals. She then completed a clinical fellowship through the American Cancer Society, and a brachytherapy fellowship at Centre Anticancereaux Francais in France, both in 1988.
Members of ASTRO are eligible to become a Fellow if they have been part of the Society for at least 15 years, have given significant service to ASTRO and have made a significant contribution to the field of radiation oncology. The primary pathways to becoming a Fellow are excellence in research, patient care, education and leadership/service.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- Tree lighting ceremony to take place at Luther Manor
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Little Library Creator Writes Novel
- Wauwatosa Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre’s “Advent of Redemption"
- Martin's 'Morning Star' focus of WAUMC Christmas cantata
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir to Present Christmas Concerts