A scorecard measuring the quality of major academic medical centers across the nation ranks Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin 12th among 101 participating organizations, and represents an 11-place jump over 2011.
The ranking is published in the University HealthSystem Consortium’s (UHC) 2012 Quality and Accountability Study which assesses performance across a spectrum of high-priority care dimensions. Based upon the Institute of Medicine’s Aims of Improvement, these include safety, effectiveness, equity, patient-centeredness, timeliness and efficiency.
“Quality is at the core of who we are and drives what we do,” said Froedtert Hospital President Cathy Buck. “Our solid ranking among these top academic medical centers is a testament to the diligent work of staff and physicians across our organization who continually strive for excellence in caring for patients.”
UHC is an alliance of 116 academic medical center and 276 affiliated hospital members, representing more than 90 percent of the nation’s nonprofit academic medical centers. UHC provides data and services to members to help them achieve excellence in quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness.
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin combine the strengths of Froedtert Hospital and the Medical College in an academic medical center that delivers advanced medical care. Froedtert & The Medical College are nationally recognized for exceptional physicians, research leadership, specialty expertise and state-of-the-science treatments and technology.
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Civic Band Plays Free Concert Sunday
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair