A scorecard measuring the quality of major academic medical centers across the nation ranks Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin 12th among 101 participating organizations, and represents an 11-place jump over 2011.
The ranking is published in the University HealthSystem Consortium’s (UHC) 2012 Quality and Accountability Study which assesses performance across a spectrum of high-priority care dimensions. Based upon the Institute of Medicine’s Aims of Improvement, these include safety, effectiveness, equity, patient-centeredness, timeliness and efficiency.
“Quality is at the core of who we are and drives what we do,” said Froedtert Hospital President Cathy Buck. “Our solid ranking among these top academic medical centers is a testament to the diligent work of staff and physicians across our organization who continually strive for excellence in caring for patients.”
UHC is an alliance of 116 academic medical center and 276 affiliated hospital members, representing more than 90 percent of the nation’s nonprofit academic medical centers. UHC provides data and services to members to help them achieve excellence in quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness.
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin combine the strengths of Froedtert Hospital and the Medical College in an academic medical center that delivers advanced medical care. Froedtert & The Medical College are nationally recognized for exceptional physicians, research leadership, specialty expertise and state-of-the-science treatments and technology.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- Lindner Receives the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee Community Leader Award
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- A Nostalgic Afternoon