Pediatric Emergency Medicine Specialist Patrick Drayna joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
Patrick Drayna, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (emergency medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in pediatrics, his clinical interests include prehospital care and the resuscitation and stabilization of critically ill and injured children.
Dr. Drayna’s research and academic work has involved prehospital care and emergency medical services for children, quality improvement, investigations of the effects of ketamine sedation, the reliability and effectiveness of near-infrared spectroscopy in critical settings, and the association between rainfall and pediatric emergency department visits for gastrointestinal illnesses.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Drayna completed a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.
After earning his M.D. from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in 2006, Dr. Drayna completed a residency in pediatrics at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and MCW in 2009. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin in 2002.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned
- Early detection of Alzheimer’s disease
- CigarMKE Event on Nov. 8
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Wauwatosa Actor in Acacia Theatre’s Humorous “Fish Eyes"
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- MCW researcher to develop methods to optimize virtual tools for nasal surgery
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Massachusetts Book Artist To Speak at UWM Oct. 21