Pediatric Emergency Medicine Specialist Patrick Drayna joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
Patrick Drayna, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (emergency medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in pediatrics, his clinical interests include prehospital care and the resuscitation and stabilization of critically ill and injured children.
Dr. Drayna’s research and academic work has involved prehospital care and emergency medical services for children, quality improvement, investigations of the effects of ketamine sedation, the reliability and effectiveness of near-infrared spectroscopy in critical settings, and the association between rainfall and pediatric emergency department visits for gastrointestinal illnesses.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Drayna completed a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.
After earning his M.D. from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in 2006, Dr. Drayna completed a residency in pediatrics at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and MCW in 2009. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin in 2002.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chiropractic care resolves GERD
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- ESPRIT Poms & Dance Team Will Perform in DISNEY in 2015
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure
- College announces plans for parking structure
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help