Pediatric Emergency Medicine Specialist Patrick Drayna joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
Patrick Drayna, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pediatrics (emergency medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in pediatrics, his clinical interests include prehospital care and the resuscitation and stabilization of critically ill and injured children.
Dr. Drayna’s research and academic work has involved prehospital care and emergency medical services for children, quality improvement, investigations of the effects of ketamine sedation, the reliability and effectiveness of near-infrared spectroscopy in critical settings, and the association between rainfall and pediatric emergency department visits for gastrointestinal illnesses.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Drayna completed a pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.
After earning his M.D. from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in 2006, Dr. Drayna completed a residency in pediatrics at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and MCW in 2009. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin in 2002.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available