Psychiatrist Ryan Byrne joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital staff
Ryan Byrne, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in psychiatry, Dr. Byrne specializes in psychiatric assessment and therapy techniques appropriate for pediatric patients, post-traumatic interventions and the management of mood and anxiety disorders.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Byrne completed a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. In his final year, he was selected to serve as the chief fellow.
After earning his M.D. from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison in 2007, Dr. Byrne completed a residency in psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina in 2010. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in medical microbiology, immunology and political science from the University of Wisconsin in 2003.
In 2007, Dr. Byrne received the Dr. Gibbs Zauft Award in recognition of his extraordinary care for the comfort and well-being of his patients. He also served on the resident selection committee for the Medical University of South Carolina’s general psychiatry residency program and the resident education committee for the Medical University of South Carolina’s child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dean Antczak Joins LifeWise Ingredients
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- Jason Kofroth Announces Candidacy for Wauwatosa's 7th District Aldermanic Seat
- Don’t Get A Holiday Dish Served Cold – Hire The Right Catering Service
- Christopher Noble, of Wauwatosa, Joins R.A. Smith National as Controller
- Dr. Matthew Hunsaker Named Campus Dean for Medical College of Wisconsin–Green Bay
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success