Psychiatrist Ryan Byrne joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital staff
Ryan Byrne, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in psychiatry, Dr. Byrne specializes in psychiatric assessment and therapy techniques appropriate for pediatric patients, post-traumatic interventions and the management of mood and anxiety disorders.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Byrne completed a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. In his final year, he was selected to serve as the chief fellow.
After earning his M.D. from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison in 2007, Dr. Byrne completed a residency in psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina in 2010. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in medical microbiology, immunology and political science from the University of Wisconsin in 2003.
In 2007, Dr. Byrne received the Dr. Gibbs Zauft Award in recognition of his extraordinary care for the comfort and well-being of his patients. He also served on the resident selection committee for the Medical University of South Carolina’s general psychiatry residency program and the resident education committee for the Medical University of South Carolina’s child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship program.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo