Psychiatrist Ryan Byrne joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Children’s Hospital staff
Ryan Byrne, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in psychiatry, Dr. Byrne specializes in psychiatric assessment and therapy techniques appropriate for pediatric patients, post-traumatic interventions and the management of mood and anxiety disorders.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr. Byrne completed a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. In his final year, he was selected to serve as the chief fellow.
After earning his M.D. from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison in 2007, Dr. Byrne completed a residency in psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina in 2010. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in medical microbiology, immunology and political science from the University of Wisconsin in 2003.
In 2007, Dr. Byrne received the Dr. Gibbs Zauft Award in recognition of his extraordinary care for the comfort and well-being of his patients. He also served on the resident selection committee for the Medical University of South Carolina’s general psychiatry residency program and the resident education committee for the Medical University of South Carolina’s child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation