The second annual “Get Your Rear in Gear” 5K run and walk will be held on Saturday, October 13th at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. The event supports the Medical College of Wisconsin’s programs for colon cancer research, education, prevention and screening. Colon cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States, claiming more than 54,000 lives every year.
“Get Your Rear in Gear” begins at 8:10 am with a kids’ fun run, followed by a timed, 5K run at 8:30 am and a 5K walk immediately after. The course winds through the scenic Honey Creek Parkway and a historic Wauwatosa neighborhood.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is the presenting partner of “Get Your Rear in Gear.” Other sponsors include Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, Shorehaven Behavioral Health, Madison Medical, Blue Sky Photography, Miller Coors and Revolution Running Store.
Register online or in person before October 8th. The cost is $25 for adults and $12 for children. Registration after the 8th is $35 for adults and $12 for children. Team registration is encouraged for companies, schools and organizations with ten or more participation. Online registration is available at http://www.getyourrearingear.com/events/list/2012/milwaukee-wi-2012/. For more information or to volunteer for the race, contact Lynn Fischer at 805-1690 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Summer Reading is Starting Soon
- MCW researchers find “color-correcting glasses” don’t live up to the hype
- YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY PARTNERS WITH ELMBROOK SCHOOL DISTRICT ON BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM