The second annual “Get Your Rear in Gear” 5K run and walk will be held on Saturday, October 13th at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. The event supports the Medical College of Wisconsin’s programs for colon cancer research, education, prevention and screening. Colon cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States, claiming more than 54,000 lives every year.
“Get Your Rear in Gear” begins at 8:10 am with a kids’ fun run, followed by a timed, 5K run at 8:30 am and a 5K walk immediately after. The course winds through the scenic Honey Creek Parkway and a historic Wauwatosa neighborhood.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is the presenting partner of “Get Your Rear in Gear.” Other sponsors include Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, Shorehaven Behavioral Health, Madison Medical, Blue Sky Photography, Miller Coors and Revolution Running Store.
Register online or in person before October 8th. The cost is $25 for adults and $12 for children. Registration after the 8th is $35 for adults and $12 for children. Team registration is encouraged for companies, schools and organizations with ten or more participation. Online registration is available at http://www.getyourrearingear.com/events/list/2012/milwaukee-wi-2012/. For more information or to volunteer for the race, contact Lynn Fischer at 805-1690 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS