The second annual “Get Your Rear in Gear” 5K run and walk will be held on Saturday, October 13th at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. The event supports the Medical College of Wisconsin’s programs for colon cancer research, education, prevention and screening. Colon cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States, claiming more than 54,000 lives every year.
“Get Your Rear in Gear” begins at 8:10 am with a kids’ fun run, followed by a timed, 5K run at 8:30 am and a 5K walk immediately after. The course winds through the scenic Honey Creek Parkway and a historic Wauwatosa neighborhood.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is the presenting partner of “Get Your Rear in Gear.” Other sponsors include Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, Shorehaven Behavioral Health, Madison Medical, Blue Sky Photography, Miller Coors and Revolution Running Store.
Register online or in person before October 8th. The cost is $25 for adults and $12 for children. Registration after the 8th is $35 for adults and $12 for children. Team registration is encouraged for companies, schools and organizations with ten or more participation. Online registration is available at http://www.getyourrearingear.com/events/list/2012/milwaukee-wi-2012/. For more information or to volunteer for the race, contact Lynn Fischer at 805-1690 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces 2013 “Best of Tour” Award Winner
- Family medicine specialist David Goldstein joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty
- Corporate Technology Solutions Hires Germino
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist Julian De Lia joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Classes Offered at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" - Saturday, June 22, 2013
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival
- Bobby Way Trio to perform at free Summer Concert series