Cardiothoracic Surgeon Robert Love joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital staff
Robert B. Love, M.D., has been appointed professor of surgery and section chief of cardiac surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Froedtert Hospital.
Board certified in surgery, thoracic surgery and critical care, Dr. Love’s clinical interests include cardiothoracic surgery, valve repair and heart and lung transplantation. His research interests include strategies for reducing complications of immune suppression necessary after organ transplantation, and the use of stem cell-based therapies for the treatment of organ rejection and heart and lung failure.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr Love served as professor of surgery, microbiology and immunology, and as the director of lung and heart transplant programs at Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago. He also established and directed the Van Kampen Cardiothoracic Research Lab in Loyola’s department of thoracic surgery.
After earning his M.D. from Rush Medical College in Chicago in 1982, Dr. Love completed his residency in general surgery and a cardiothoracic surgery fellowship at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Dr. Love brings over 20 years of experience in cardiac surgery and heart and lung transplantation to Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin. In addition to his surgical experience, Dr. Love has demonstrated a commitment to research, innovation and the advancement of the field of cardiac surgery, publishing more than 80 peer-reviewed manuscripts in academic journals. He also serves as a reviewer for many journals devoted to the fields of cardiac surgery and transplantation. After assisting the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) in many roles over the years, he was recently elected as a member of its Board of Directors.
In 2011, Dr. Love’s contributions to the field of surgery were recognized with a Fellowship in the Royal College of Surgeons in London. He has been recognized for his work as one of the Best Doctors in the country since 2005 by Best Doctors, Inc., and has been listed in Chicago magazine's Top Docs in 2011 and 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder