Cardiothoracic Surgeon Robert Love joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital staff
Robert B. Love, M.D., has been appointed professor of surgery and section chief of cardiac surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Froedtert Hospital.
Board certified in surgery, thoracic surgery and critical care, Dr. Love’s clinical interests include cardiothoracic surgery, valve repair and heart and lung transplantation. His research interests include strategies for reducing complications of immune suppression necessary after organ transplantation, and the use of stem cell-based therapies for the treatment of organ rejection and heart and lung failure.
Prior to joining the MCW faculty, Dr Love served as professor of surgery, microbiology and immunology, and as the director of lung and heart transplant programs at Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago. He also established and directed the Van Kampen Cardiothoracic Research Lab in Loyola’s department of thoracic surgery.
After earning his M.D. from Rush Medical College in Chicago in 1982, Dr. Love completed his residency in general surgery and a cardiothoracic surgery fellowship at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Dr. Love brings over 20 years of experience in cardiac surgery and heart and lung transplantation to Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin. In addition to his surgical experience, Dr. Love has demonstrated a commitment to research, innovation and the advancement of the field of cardiac surgery, publishing more than 80 peer-reviewed manuscripts in academic journals. He also serves as a reviewer for many journals devoted to the fields of cardiac surgery and transplantation. After assisting the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) in many roles over the years, he was recently elected as a member of its Board of Directors.
In 2011, Dr. Love’s contributions to the field of surgery were recognized with a Fellowship in the Royal College of Surgeons in London. He has been recognized for his work as one of the Best Doctors in the country since 2005 by Best Doctors, Inc., and has been listed in Chicago magazine's Top Docs in 2011 and 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015