First known as “Luke Duke,” the hood-sliding good ‘ole boy in the television series The Dukes of Hazzard, Wisconsin-born actor Tom Wopat went on to a successful career on Broadway. He earned a Tony-award nomination for his portrayal of “Frank Butler” in the Broadway revival of Annie Get Your Gun with Bernadette Peters, and most recently appeared as “Frank Abagnale Sr.” in the new Broadway adaptation of Catch Me If You Can.
The Lodi native returns to Wisconsin on Wednesday, October 17 for a special 1 pm matinee performance of his one-man cabaret show at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield’s Mitchell Park. Described by The New York Observer as “swarthy but cool, like a preppie rodeo cowboy with a tuxedo and a Rolex,” Wopat will perform songs from his new album Consider it Swung, featuring traditional standards and covers of hits by Frank Sinatra, Blood Sweat & Tears, Joni Mitchell, and more!
Tickets start at just $16 and are available at www.wilson-center.com, by calling 262-781-9520, or in person at the Wilson Center Box Office. The Wilson Center is located at 19805 W. Capitol Drive in Brookfield’s Mitchell Park, just west of Brookfield Road and Sendik’s Towne Centre.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th