On Saturday, October 6th, those who have experienced the loss of someone in their lives, a month ago or years ago, are invited to find hope and healing by attending a FREE educational and supportive seminar entitled Understanding the Journey of Grief…Discovering Hope for the Holidays being held at Harwood Place, 8220 Harwood Ave., Wauwatosa, from 9:00am to 11:30am.
Often when grieving people learn about the process and power of grief they experience a sense of relief realizing they are ‘normal’. They can experience some healing and growth both through the information they acquire and the interaction with others who are grieving. These healing dynamics take place because grief shared is grief diminished. This educational and supportive seminar for grieving adults will help participants better understand the common and unique effects of loss, the process of grief, the journey toward healing, and some suggestions for making the holiday season easier to manage. The seminar presenters and facilitators include Kathy Schaetzke, TPLC, MS, MBA, Bereavement Services Manager for VITAS Innovative Hospice Care, and Pete Reinl, Director of Grief Support Services for Church and Chapel Funeral Homes.
Pre-registration is appreciated for planning purposes by calling Kathy at 414-454-3118 or by registering online at www.TheLutheranHome.org/hope Continental breakfast will be served.
Understanding the Journey of Grief…Discovering Hope for the Holidays is offered at no cost to the community through a collaborative effort between VITAS Innovative Hospice Care, Lutheran Home & Harwood Place, Church and Chapel Funeral Homes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic