On Saturday, October 6th, those who have experienced the loss of someone in their lives, a month ago or years ago, are invited to find hope and healing by attending a FREE educational and supportive seminar entitled Understanding the Journey of Grief…Discovering Hope for the Holidays being held at Harwood Place, 8220 Harwood Ave., Wauwatosa, from 9:00am to 11:30am.
Often when grieving people learn about the process and power of grief they experience a sense of relief realizing they are ‘normal’. They can experience some healing and growth both through the information they acquire and the interaction with others who are grieving. These healing dynamics take place because grief shared is grief diminished. This educational and supportive seminar for grieving adults will help participants better understand the common and unique effects of loss, the process of grief, the journey toward healing, and some suggestions for making the holiday season easier to manage. The seminar presenters and facilitators include Kathy Schaetzke, TPLC, MS, MBA, Bereavement Services Manager for VITAS Innovative Hospice Care, and Pete Reinl, Director of Grief Support Services for Church and Chapel Funeral Homes.
Pre-registration is appreciated for planning purposes by calling Kathy at 414-454-3118 or by registering online at www.TheLutheranHome.org/hope Continental breakfast will be served.
Understanding the Journey of Grief…Discovering Hope for the Holidays is offered at no cost to the community through a collaborative effort between VITAS Innovative Hospice Care, Lutheran Home & Harwood Place, Church and Chapel Funeral Homes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference