The public is invited to attend a blessing of the pets next Saturday, Sept. 29 at 10 a.m. hosted by Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave.
Pet owners and other animal lovers will gather with their furry, fuzzy, feathery and scaly friends behind WAUMC in the church’s Memorial Garden off of Underwood Ave directly across from the fire station. Individuals attending are encouraged to bring lawn chairs for seating.
The 30-minute gathering will celebrate the special place pets have in our lives and recognize our mutual interdependence with God’s creatures. It will include a time of worship, as well as an introduction of pets.
All varieties of dogs, cats, birds, reptiles and fish are welcome. Owners are responsible for their pet’s behavior, but barks, whines, purrs and chirps will not be a problem!
People of many faiths take time to offer thanks for and bless the animals who share our homes and planet. These celebrations often happen on or around Oct. 4, the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi who is considered the patron saint of animals.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops.
The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- Tree lighting ceremony to take place at Luther Manor
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Little Library Creator Writes Novel
- Wauwatosa Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre’s “Advent of Redemption"
- Martin's 'Morning Star' focus of WAUMC Christmas cantata
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir to Present Christmas Concerts