Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of September 25, 2012
Programs and Events
September 25 – Annual induction dinner. No noon meeting.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: We had a large crowd and an important guest this week, Jerry McCormick, Lt. Governor, to see Gary Knisbeck's European travelogue. Before we got started on the travelogue picked up a few happy bucks from Taylor, who was presiding over his last meeting; from Dick Bachman, back after his sojourn in the medical world; from Dr. Don, who was happy that Lois was back at home, but not so happy that she had to go into the hospital to begin with; from Dave Hoerig, back from 15 happy days traveling around the Baltic; from Dave Eppelsheimer, betting on a strong regular-season finish for the Brewers; from Ed Ellingson, who had a good trip to New York, accompanying Colleen on a business trip; from Tom Schultz, whose granddaughter came to visit for a long weekend; and from Chuck Sturm, doing the accounting for Tom's contribution.
Our program was presented by Gary Knisbeck, who showed us the Danube, the Main, and the Rhein, from Vienna to Amsterdam.
Induction dinner: Next week, Tuesday, September 25. Cash bar opens at 5:30 with dinner at 6:30. Let Taylor Poehls know you intend to attend by September 19 ( 262-374-2285 or firstname.lastname@example.org). $9 for members, $20 for guests.
Interclub: Noon, Tuesday next week. As long as we don't have a noon meeting, we're going to meet with the Parkland-Greendale club at the Denny's on South 27th Street, just north of Grange.
Issues for consideration: Bob Reinhardt suggested that we talk about our dues structure at our October 2 meeting..
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Advanced Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialists Named Small Business of the Year
- The Torah: A Workshop for Christians
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- Milwaukee Regional Medical Center's New VP of Finance
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Announces 2015 Officers and Directors
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015