Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of September 18, 2012
Programs and Events
September 18 – Gary Knisbeck promises a travelogue about Germany and the Netherlands.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Bob Reinhardt started happy bucks with a couple for a birthday, an anniversary, and a successful trip to the casino on his anniversary weekend. John Foley celebrated his sons' birthday and his attendance at a reunion in Indiana. Eli Potkonjak was so happy he had a written list: his surgery went well, his daughter's surgery went well, his brother's birthday, and an opportunity to relinquish some possessions. Gary Knisbeck was happily anticipating his travelogue next week. Kevin Sjostrom paid a buck for a week with his grandson and a successful ophthalmological procedure that brought back his vision after a couple months of uncertainty.
Our speaker was the well-known authority Charles M. Sturm, who explained some of the approaching income tax changes with clarity and humor (yes, really).
Induction dinner: Tuesday, September 25, see the flyer attached to the e-mail version of the bulletin. No noon meeting that day. Cash bar opens at 5:30 with dinner at 6:30. Let Taylor Poehls know you intend to attend by September 19 ( 262-374-2285 or firstname.lastname@example.org). $9 for members, $20 for guests.
Interclub: Noon, same day as the induction dinner, with the Parkland-Greendale club.
Member news: Carl Smith visited Gary Krueger last week. Carl says that calls and visits are welcome. Warren Carity was feeling well enough to attend last week's board meeting. Dick Bachman is finally at home, probably wanting to be on North Avenue.
Speaking of taxes: Bob Reinhardt announced that we will have to do something about our dues structure, not immediately but soon.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Offers FREE Shredding Event
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks