In addition to the hundreds of home improvement and remodeling exhibitors, the 22nd Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show will feature the Milwaukee/NARI Information Center, the “Future Trends” display, The Great Giveaway, the Darrow Automotive Group vehicle display, a Kids Zone, and much more.
This year’s event, with a Show theme of “Home Ideas to Fall For,” will be held Fri., Sept. 21 – Sun., Sept. 23, in the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park in West Allis.
The Milwaukee/NARI Information Center provides attendees with a central location to learn about the various components of the country’s largest home improvement council. Consumers will gain knowledge about Certified Professionals, Milwaukee/NARI’s ethical guidelines, and the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation, the association’s charitable and educational arm. An “Ask a NARI Certified Professional” area will feature one of the association’s Certified Professionals available to answer consumer inquiries and provide remodeling advice. The association will also have available its marketing materials for consumers, including its Membership Directory and Resource Guide.
The Future Trends area will have a variety of products that have recently been introduced to the market. The products to be featured within the display include the following:
• Kohler Co. will display VibrAcoustic® Technology, sound therapy used in Kohler’s Underscore bath line. Focused on complete body relaxation, VibrAcoustic uses sound vibrations that bathers can hear and feel to ease tension and stress and can be controlled by a full-color touch screen interface. It features a quality sound system, allowing individuals to stream music and podcasts through the bath with a mobile device, Internet radio, or home computer. Chromatherapy lighting aligns with the preset VibrAcoustic experiences and cycles through eight color combinations, with bathers having the ability to choose the hue of each color.
• From ProSource Wholesale Floorcovering, LiquidMotion Floor Tiles allows for movement and interaction with the underlying fluids when pressure is applied, creating a fun experience. LiquidMotion offers a variety of colors, including orange/tangerine, orange/purple, yellow/green, turquoise/clear, blue/light blue, and other combinations. Available in an assortment of shapes and sizes, LiquidMotion tiles can also be customized.
• Allrite Home & Remodeling will display GAF Woodland™ and Monaco™ Lifetime Designer Shingles. Woodland Shingles are designed after hand-cut, European shingles, and Monaco™ Shingles are modeled after classic premium tile roofing. Both are part of GAF’s Lifetime Roofing System, adding visual appeal to a home. Features include a custom color palette, StainGuard® to protect against blue-green algae, a class A fire rating, Dura Grip™ to seal each shingle tightly, Advanced Protection® Technology to minimize the use of natural resources, and other elements.
• Milt Charno & Associates and Bliffert Lumber will display VAST® Composite Pavers, which are made of 95 percent recycled material and use a patented grid system, reducing and simplifying installation time. They are ideal for entryways, walkways, patios, and other landscaped areas and offer brilliant colors, slip resistance, immunity to salt and chemicals, and durability. VAST Concrete Pavers also absorb almost no water and won’t crack in cold weather climates. At one-third the weight of concrete, VAST pavers are more versatile and can be installed without the use of pedestal systems and building reinforcement.
• 323 Electric is displaying the Honeywell Wind Turbine. Most wind turbines are noisy, inefficient, and require strong winds to turn a heavy central generator, but the Honeywell Wind Turbine uses a new approach. Magnets are mounted near the tips of its 20 blades, sweeping through an outer ring of copper coils to produce a current and turn the entire wheel into the generator. With the fast-moving blades and elimination of a central generator, this Wind Turbine can create a current from winds as low as two miles per hour. The wheel is six feet in diameter, quiet, and can produce a large percentage of a home’s energy.
• Renewal by Andersen is showing the new concept door, the Signet Elite from Pro Via, which is designed to raise the bar on energy efficiency. The door, which is 2-1/2” thick, greatly exceeding the standard 1-3/4” door, more than doubles the sealing surface as compared to a traditional entry door. These product features result in an increased insulating value, enhanced sound reduction, and added strength and durability.
• Oak Creek Plumbing & Remodeling is displaying The Finestra™ Tub by Jacuzzi, which is designed for easy access and safe, comfortable bathing. A precision-close double seal door and magnetic latching system provide a proper seal. Grab bars and a slip resistant bottom ensure safety while enjoying the best in hydrotherapy.
The Great Giveaway presented by the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation, Inc., will provide Fall Show attendees with an opportunity to buy raffle tickets to win one of two prizes - $6,000 or $3,000 in home improvement and/or remodeling services from one or more of the 30 participating companies. The winners will contract with one or more of the companies, and use their winnings to complete a home improvement or remodeling project. The following companies are participating in the Great Giveaway:
1st Choice Heating & Cooling
ABC Audio Video
AB&K Bath & Kitchen
Allrite Home & Remodeling
B&E General Contractors
Bartelt. The Remodeling Resource
Brillo Home Improvements
Design Tech Remodeling
Chris Egner Design-Build-Remodel/Four Seasons Sunrooms
IHN Plumbing & Foundation Repair
Kitchens by Design
Oak Creek Plumbing
Pekel Construction & Remodeling
Renewal by Andersen
Renovations Group, Inc.
United Products Corporation
USA Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electric
Wade Design & Construction, Inc.
Weather Tight Corp.
The Darrow Automotive Group display will feature a variety of new vehicles, including the Dodge Ram, Jeep Wrangler, Kia Optima, Honda Accord, and Scion FRS.
A Kids Zone will be open on Sat., Sept. 22 and Sun., Sept. 23, from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day. The area will feature “Gerry,” the Milwaukee/NARI carpenter ant mascot, taking photos with kids, pumpkin arts and crafts, coloring sheets, “Gerry” tattoos, and a popcorn sales fundraiser by the West Allis Boy Scout Troop 580. The Boy Scouts will be assisting Kids Zone visitors with the arts and crafts.
For complete information, visit www.milwaukeenari.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- Hart Park Square celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Milwaukee Backgammon Meetup