David C. Hotchkiss has been named vice president of information services and chief information officer for the Medical College of Wisconsin by G. Allen Bolton, Jr., senior vice president for finance and administration and COO. Hotchkiss will begin at MCW on Oct. 22.
Hotchkiss, who has more than 18 years experience in IT and administrative leadership roles in the health care industry, comes to MCW from the University of Texas (UT) Health Science Center in San Antonio, where he most recently served as director of academic technology and client support services. During his five years at UT, he held other positions including interim vice president of human resources, and has also held leadership positions at the Cancer Therapy and Research Center in San Antonio, the Tenet Healthcare Corporation in Dallas, and the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.
"The vice president of information services/chief information officer position is a critical role at a critical time for MCW,” said Bolton. “We are fortunate to have had a strong field of candidates and to have recruited David Hotchkiss. David has an impressive track record at two prestigious academic medical centers, the UT Health Science Center San Antonio and the Cleveland Clinic. MCW will benefit from his experiences, expertise and energy. I commend the Search Committee for their efficient work leading to this very positive outcome."
In his new role, Hotchkiss will be responsible for developing, communicating and executing the College’s information technology vision. This includes planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support business operations and enterprise-wide IT operations and determining how to best deploy technology to carry out MCW’s goals and objectives.
Hotchkiss and his wife, Tricia, have three daughters – Hailey, Hannah and Hope.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids