The Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa will open its new season on Friday, September 28, with “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,” by Tennessee Williams. The play will be staged in North Hall at Christ King School, 2604 N. Swan Boulevard, Wauwatosa in four evening performances: Sept. 28 & 29 and Oct. 5 & 6, at 7:30 p.m., and one matinee performance on Sunday, Oct. 7, 2 p.m.
This Pulitzer Prize - winning drama is set in a plantation home in the Mississippi Delta, where family members have gathered to celebrate the 65th birthday of “Big Daddy” Pollitt, a wealthy cotton tycoon.
Tickets for all performances are $15, adults; $13, students and senior citizens. They may be ordered by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone (414-207-4879) and held at the box office for you. To receive tickets in advance by mail, send a check and self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Village Playhouse of Wauwatosa, P.O. box 13095, Wauwatosa, WI 53213.
Director Michael Pocara has announced the following cast: Big Daddy – Mark McGuire, Big Mama – Honore Schiro, Brick – Tommy Dallace, Dr. Baugh – Michael Schotte, Gooper – Philip Bidener, Mae – Magdelyn Monahn, Margaret – Angela Bolmes, Sookey – Lucy Higendorf, Reverend Tooker – Terry Gavin, Lacy – Laura LaPinske, Brightie – Ashley Jordon, Small – Dino Anagnostopoulos, Trixie – Sadie Binns, Buster – Teddy Anagnostopoulos, Dixie – Mia Helbig, Sonny – Jacob Archibald.
- Men's Grief Support Gathering
- Two Nationally Known Experts on Character Education to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Free Movies in the Park
- MCW’s Joseph C. Besharse, PhD, receives ARVO Proctor Medal for lifetime achievement in vision research
- AlphaGraphics of Brookfield becomes ISO 9000 compliant
- Bartelt Wins Two Regional Chrysalis Awards
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Donates Nearly $900 to Elmbrook Schools in April
- Celebrate and remember our nation’s heroes from May 16-21!
- June 4 Workshop Spotlights Merton and Heschel, Spiritual Giants
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner