The Medical College of Wisconsin’s 6th annual Women in Science series will feature prominent cochlear implant researcher Christina Runge, Ph.D., associate professor of otolaryngology and communication sciences and chief of the division of communication sciences, at the September 27th luncheon presentation at the Woman’s Club in Milwaukee. This presentation is geared for the lay public.
Dr. Runge, an internationally recognized researcher and the director of the Koss Cochlear Implant Program, will discuss the technology that allows children and adults to restore their hearing or to hear for the first time in their lives.
Dr. Runge is an expert in auditory nerve responses to electrical simulation, particularly with different kinds of signals that may be useful in cochlear implant speech processing strategies. She is also a certified audiologist, and is involved in both clinical research and patient care.
The Women in Science Series is an opportunity to meet outstanding female scientists and physicians and learn about their cutting-edge research.
Series subscriptions are available for a suggested minimum donation of $250, which includes five presentations, and also supports two annual awards for promising women scientists at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Admission, food and parking are included at all of the events in the series.
Dr. Runge’s luncheon presentation is sponsored by MED-EL Corporation., and will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Woman’s Club of Wisconsin, 813 E. Kilbourn Avenue.
The mission of Women in Science is to showcase outstanding research and provide financial support for women scientists at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
For details, contact Linda Hruska, email@example.com or (414) 955-5863.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award