The Medical College of Wisconsin’s 6th annual Women in Science series will feature prominent cochlear implant researcher Christina Runge, Ph.D., associate professor of otolaryngology and communication sciences and chief of the division of communication sciences, at the September 27th luncheon presentation at the Woman’s Club in Milwaukee. This presentation is geared for the lay public.
Dr. Runge, an internationally recognized researcher and the director of the Koss Cochlear Implant Program, will discuss the technology that allows children and adults to restore their hearing or to hear for the first time in their lives.
Dr. Runge is an expert in auditory nerve responses to electrical simulation, particularly with different kinds of signals that may be useful in cochlear implant speech processing strategies. She is also a certified audiologist, and is involved in both clinical research and patient care.
The Women in Science Series is an opportunity to meet outstanding female scientists and physicians and learn about their cutting-edge research.
Series subscriptions are available for a suggested minimum donation of $250, which includes five presentations, and also supports two annual awards for promising women scientists at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Admission, food and parking are included at all of the events in the series.
Dr. Runge’s luncheon presentation is sponsored by MED-EL Corporation., and will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Woman’s Club of Wisconsin, 813 E. Kilbourn Avenue.
The mission of Women in Science is to showcase outstanding research and provide financial support for women scientists at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
For details, contact Linda Hruska, email@example.com or (414) 955-5863.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza Celebrates “Pi Day” with $3.14 Pizzas on Friday, March 14
- Wauwatosa Recreation and Summer School New Registration Procedures
- Milwaukee Montessori School Welcomes Catherine Brys as Director of Child Care Program
- BELLWETHER’S PRIVATE LOAN FUNDING
- Holiday Food Drive For Hunger Task Force to be Featured in St. Patrick’s Day Parades
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Free Sound Reinforcement & Live Sound Classes
- Historian John Gurda To Speak at Elm Grove Playhouse
- Announcing the Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen for 2013: Maureen Connors Badding
- McKinley Lodge Fish Fry