Three Wauwatosa teens launched a hand made boat this weekend in Lake Michigan, and their families celebrated as the boys paddled it around South Shore Park in Bay View on Sunday afternoon.
Aidan Gabriel, Alex Lee, and Peter Lehman, all current freshmen at Wauwatosa West High School, decided to build a boat this summer they could design and construct on their own. And to keep the project interesting, they decided to limit their supplies to two materials – duct tape and PVC pipe.
The boys worked together for 120 hours during the summer months before the project was finally complete. They estimated they used about 35 rolls of duct tape and over 200 feet of PVC pipe. The completed vessel measured almost 15 feet long and 5 feet wide.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- Hart Park Square celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Milwaukee Backgammon Meetup