Three Wauwatosa teens launched a hand made boat this weekend in Lake Michigan, and their families celebrated as the boys paddled it around South Shore Park in Bay View on Sunday afternoon.
Aidan Gabriel, Alex Lee, and Peter Lehman, all current freshmen at Wauwatosa West High School, decided to build a boat this summer they could design and construct on their own. And to keep the project interesting, they decided to limit their supplies to two materials – duct tape and PVC pipe.
The boys worked together for 120 hours during the summer months before the project was finally complete. They estimated they used about 35 rolls of duct tape and over 200 feet of PVC pipe. The completed vessel measured almost 15 feet long and 5 feet wide.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease