Three Wauwatosa teens launched a hand made boat this weekend in Lake Michigan, and their families celebrated as the boys paddled it around South Shore Park in Bay View on Sunday afternoon.
Aidan Gabriel, Alex Lee, and Peter Lehman, all current freshmen at Wauwatosa West High School, decided to build a boat this summer they could design and construct on their own. And to keep the project interesting, they decided to limit their supplies to two materials – duct tape and PVC pipe.
The boys worked together for 120 hours during the summer months before the project was finally complete. They estimated they used about 35 rolls of duct tape and over 200 feet of PVC pipe. The completed vessel measured almost 15 feet long and 5 feet wide.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Two Delafield Homes on 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes to Feature Three Wauwatosa Area Projects
- Paper Source ~ Seeking Store Manager
- A new use for older drugs to target the spread of breast cancer
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR MAY EVENT
- YOGA BENEFIT for META HOUSE
- Gymnastics Tryouts Being Held For Boys, Girls, and Tumbling & Trampoline Teams
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes Announces 2015 Sponsors
- FREE Health Screening to Detect a “Silent Killer”
- Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin Makes List of Top Health Systems