Three Wauwatosa teens launched a hand made boat this weekend in Lake Michigan, and their families celebrated as the boys paddled it around South Shore Park in Bay View on Sunday afternoon.
Aidan Gabriel, Alex Lee, and Peter Lehman, all current freshmen at Wauwatosa West High School, decided to build a boat this summer they could design and construct on their own. And to keep the project interesting, they decided to limit their supplies to two materials – duct tape and PVC pipe.
The boys worked together for 120 hours during the summer months before the project was finally complete. They estimated they used about 35 rolls of duct tape and over 200 feet of PVC pipe. The completed vessel measured almost 15 feet long and 5 feet wide.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series