Wear a yellow ribbon during September to show your support for children battling cancer.
In spite of research advances that have increased the five-year survival rate for young patients to 80 percent, cancer remains the leading cause of death by disease for children in America under the age of 15. Because many of the current cancer treatments administered to children were designed for adults, children who survive cancer frequently struggle with significant complications later in life. More research is desperately needed to understand the causes of cancer in young people and to develop treatments specifically for pediatric cancer.
That is why September is dedicated to Childhood Cancer Awareness.
WaterStone Bank has pledged its support to Childhood Cancer Awareness by partnering with the I Back Jack Foundation, a Hartland, Wisconsin charity that vows to back research, inspire hope and defeat cancer. You are invited to show your support simply by “liking” WaterStone Bank on Facebook during September. The Bank will donate $5 per “like” to the I Back Jack Foundation, a local nonprofit making a big difference for cancer’s smallest warriors.
To show your support or to learn more, please visit www.WSBonline.com/IBackJack.
The I Back Jack Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity organized to support the funding of medical research and the development of clinical trials for children with neuroblastoma and related pediatric cancers. Sarah and John Bartsoz, of Hartland, Wis. founded I Back Jack after their son, Jack, was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma in 2005. Although Jack's battle with cancer ended August 27, 2012, the foundation remains determined to ensure Jack's story results in a happy ending for children unfairly chosen to battle cancer. Backing Jack means inspiring hope, backing research and defeating cancer.
WaterStone Bank was established in 1921. Branch offices are located in Wauwatosa, Franklin/Hales Corners, Germantown/Menomonee Falls, Oak Creek, Oconomowoc/Lake Country, Pewaukee, Waukesha/Brookfield, and West Allis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Researchers discover new gene responsible for traits involved in diabetes
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Treating post-traumatic stress disorder
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- “Get Your Rear in Gear” run/walk for colon cancer prevention and research
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014