Wear a yellow ribbon during September to show your support for children battling cancer.
In spite of research advances that have increased the five-year survival rate for young patients to 80 percent, cancer remains the leading cause of death by disease for children in America under the age of 15. Because many of the current cancer treatments administered to children were designed for adults, children who survive cancer frequently struggle with significant complications later in life. More research is desperately needed to understand the causes of cancer in young people and to develop treatments specifically for pediatric cancer.
That is why September is dedicated to Childhood Cancer Awareness.
WaterStone Bank has pledged its support to Childhood Cancer Awareness by partnering with the I Back Jack Foundation, a Hartland, Wisconsin charity that vows to back research, inspire hope and defeat cancer. You are invited to show your support simply by “liking” WaterStone Bank on Facebook during September. The Bank will donate $5 per “like” to the I Back Jack Foundation, a local nonprofit making a big difference for cancer’s smallest warriors.
To show your support or to learn more, please visit www.WSBonline.com/IBackJack.
The I Back Jack Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity organized to support the funding of medical research and the development of clinical trials for children with neuroblastoma and related pediatric cancers. Sarah and John Bartsoz, of Hartland, Wis. founded I Back Jack after their son, Jack, was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma in 2005. Although Jack's battle with cancer ended August 27, 2012, the foundation remains determined to ensure Jack's story results in a happy ending for children unfairly chosen to battle cancer. Backing Jack means inspiring hope, backing research and defeating cancer.
WaterStone Bank was established in 1921. Branch offices are located in Wauwatosa, Franklin/Hales Corners, Germantown/Menomonee Falls, Oak Creek, Oconomowoc/Lake Country, Pewaukee, Waukesha/Brookfield, and West Allis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder