Families in need will be able to prepare nutritious meals due to the efforts of Assurant Health employees, who donated 6,000 pounds of food to the Hunger Task Force. The food, enough to feed a family of four for a year and a half, was gathered during a recent employee appreciation event celebrating the company’s 120th anniversary.
“This is a very welcome contribution, especially since it comes during the summer months, when food pantries often are low on reserves,” said Hunger Task Force Executive Director Sherrie Tussler. “With vacations coming to an end and kids getting ready to go back to school, it’s great when a company focuses on families who are in need all year round.”
CEO Adam Lamnin said: “This year, we celebrate 120 years in business as a Wisconsin company. As we mark this anniversary milestone with our employees, we wanted to give back to the community we’ve called home for more than a century in a very meaningful way.”
Assurant Health’s other community efforts include contributions through its foundation and companywide giving campaigns. It also encourages employees to volunteer with favorite causes by giving them a day of paid time off each year to do so. Currently, the company is wrapping up a school supply drive for Milwaukee’s Clement Avenue School and Westside Academy to give students the tools they need to succeed in school.
Assurant Health, a leading provider of individual and small group health insurance, employs about 1,300 people at its downtown Milwaukee headquarters.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Volunteer! It's the "nice" of life!
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Wauwatosa Health Department Flu Clinics
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned