Families in need will be able to prepare nutritious meals due to the efforts of Assurant Health employees, who donated 6,000 pounds of food to the Hunger Task Force. The food, enough to feed a family of four for a year and a half, was gathered during a recent employee appreciation event celebrating the company’s 120th anniversary.
“This is a very welcome contribution, especially since it comes during the summer months, when food pantries often are low on reserves,” said Hunger Task Force Executive Director Sherrie Tussler. “With vacations coming to an end and kids getting ready to go back to school, it’s great when a company focuses on families who are in need all year round.”
CEO Adam Lamnin said: “This year, we celebrate 120 years in business as a Wisconsin company. As we mark this anniversary milestone with our employees, we wanted to give back to the community we’ve called home for more than a century in a very meaningful way.”
Assurant Health’s other community efforts include contributions through its foundation and companywide giving campaigns. It also encourages employees to volunteer with favorite causes by giving them a day of paid time off each year to do so. Currently, the company is wrapping up a school supply drive for Milwaukee’s Clement Avenue School and Westside Academy to give students the tools they need to succeed in school.
Assurant Health, a leading provider of individual and small group health insurance, employs about 1,300 people at its downtown Milwaukee headquarters.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin