Charles E. Kahn, Jr., M.D., M.S., professor of radiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), and radiologist at Froedtert Hospital, was installed as president of the American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS), the first and oldest radiology society in the United States.
Dr. Kahn, who is also the chief of imaging informatics at MCW, has joint appointments at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee as an adjunct professor of computer science, and as the co-director of UWM’s Biomedical and Health Informatics Doctoral Program.
He received his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago in 1985. From there, he went to the University of Chicago Medical Center to complete a residency in diagnostic radiology in 1989, and earned his master of science in computer sciences from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, in 2003. He joined the MCW faculty in 1991 and specializes in body imaging, particularly computed tomography (CT) and ultrasound.
Dr. Kahn has authored more than 85 peer-reviewed articles and has given more than 140 presentations at national and international radiology meetings.
ARRS has been a forum for progress in radiology since shortly after the discovery of the X-ray and is dedicated to the goal of the advancement of medicine through the science of radiology and its allied sciences. The goal of the ARRS is maintained through an annual scientific and educational meeting and through publication of the American Journal of Roentgenology, a highly respected peer-reviewed journal with a worldwide circulation of more than 25,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park