Charles E. Kahn, Jr., M.D., M.S., professor of radiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), and radiologist at Froedtert Hospital, was installed as president of the American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS), the first and oldest radiology society in the United States.
Dr. Kahn, who is also the chief of imaging informatics at MCW, has joint appointments at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee as an adjunct professor of computer science, and as the co-director of UWM’s Biomedical and Health Informatics Doctoral Program.
He received his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago in 1985. From there, he went to the University of Chicago Medical Center to complete a residency in diagnostic radiology in 1989, and earned his master of science in computer sciences from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, in 2003. He joined the MCW faculty in 1991 and specializes in body imaging, particularly computed tomography (CT) and ultrasound.
Dr. Kahn has authored more than 85 peer-reviewed articles and has given more than 140 presentations at national and international radiology meetings.
ARRS has been a forum for progress in radiology since shortly after the discovery of the X-ray and is dedicated to the goal of the advancement of medicine through the science of radiology and its allied sciences. The goal of the ARRS is maintained through an annual scientific and educational meeting and through publication of the American Journal of Roentgenology, a highly respected peer-reviewed journal with a worldwide circulation of more than 25,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study