Twelve local and regional artists will be part of the juried Arts Marketplace at the 15th annual Kettle Moraine Jazz Festival (KMJF) at Riverside Park in West Bend, Wis., Fri.,
Sept. 7, and Sat., Sept. 8.
The following artists will participate in KMJF:
• Africa Alive, Glendale, Wis.
• Amber Treasures, Prospect Heights, Ill.
• Amish Craftsmen Guild II, Cedarburg, Wis.
• Century Farmhouse LLC, West Bend, Wis.
• The Gold Connection, St Louis, Mo.
• Les Hommes Bleu, Glendale, Wis.
• Madam Art, Rock, Mich.
• Must Have Accessories, New York, NY
• Strands of Kolors, Los Angeles, Cal.
• Sultry Touch Collection, Dallas, Tex.
• Third Generation Jewelers, Milwaukee, Wis.
• Unique Art and Designs, Milwaukee, Wis.
The two-day festival at West Bend’s Riverside Park, which will once again feature internationally recognized jazz musicians and vocalists, is expected to draw more than 5,000 jazz lovers from all over the Midwest, particularly from southeast Wisconsin and northern Illinois. The festival’s entertainment line up is as follows:
Fri., Sept. 7
5:15 p.m.: Cindy Bradley
7:15 p.m.: Marc Antoine
9:15 p.m.: Summer Storm, featuring Norman Brown & Gerald Albright
Sat., Sept. 8
1:30 p.m.: Slim Man & Bonafide
3:30 p.m.: Dotsero
5:45 p.m.: Johannes Linstead
8:00 p.m.: Mindi Abair and Friends, featuring Jeff Golub and David Pack
Two-day tickets are $150 and a one-day ticket is $85. Tickets may be purchased in a secure online environment at www.kmjazz.com or by calling the festival’s toll-free information line at 1-877-271-6903. Consumers can also send a completed ticket order form available from the festival office or the event website with a check, money order, or credit card number to West Bend Sunrise Rotary Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 1087, West Bend, WI 53095. Tickets can also be purchased at the gate on each day of the festival.
In addition to music, the festival has tempting international cuisine, an arts marketplace where local and regional artisans display and sell their work, and interactive sponsor exhibits. Grounds are open on Friday from 4:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m., and on Saturday from 12:30 p.m. –10:00 p.m.
The festival’s Major Corporate Sponsors are M & I Wealth Management, Sendik’s Food Markets, West Bend Mutual Insurance, and Westbury Bank, while Corporate Sponsors include Angeline Wines, distributed by Martin Ray Winery, Baymont Inn & Suites – Grafton, Beer Capitol Distributing Lake Country, Boucher Automotive, Gehl Company, Key Technical Solutions, The Rolfs Foundation, Roto-Graphic Printing, Ron Sonntag Public Relations, Inc., Suburban Servant, SWIM Team, Inc., the West Bend Area Chamber of Commerce, and the West Bend Park & Recreation Department. The event’s Media Partners are TODAY’S TMJ4, BizTimes Media, and Conley Media.
In its history, the festival has contributed more than $380,000 to charitable groups in southeastern Wisconsin through the West Bend Sunrise Rotary Foundation. The Foundation has supported:
• The Albrecht Free Clinic – support free medical clinics
• Columns, Inc. – scholarship programs to local high school graduates
• Hurricane Katrina Relief through the national Rotary Fund
• Kettle Moraine YMCA – acquired equipment for a West Bend skate park
• Lac Lawrann Barn Restoration
• Red Cross
• Regner Park – restoration of community facilities
• Rides & Reins
• SafeZone Community Art Center – provides an environment for children to develop their musical ability, including small group lessons, private tutoring lessons, and full band rehearsals each week, with periodic performances.
• Sunrise Rotary Field at Riverside Park - youth baseball diamond
• West Bend Fire Department – fire safety trailer
• West Bend Library – building construction
• West Bend Parks and Recreation Department – maintenance and expansion
For more information, including entertainer biographies and video clips, visit www.kmjazz.com or call the Kettle Moraine Jazz Festival’s toll-free information line at 877-271-6903.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You