Survey confirms quality of care at Froedtert & the Medical College Cancer Center
The Radiation Oncology program at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center in Milwaukee has been re-accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for a three-year term. Only 10 percent of the nation’s radiation oncology practices achieve this distinction.
“This accreditation confirms the high standard of radiation oncology treatment provided by the Medical College of Wisconsin radiation oncology practice. ACR accreditation is a widely recognized measure of quality care that we are proud to offer our patients,” said J. Frank Wilson, M.D., the Bernard and Miriam Peck Professor and Chair of Radiation Oncology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). Dr. Wilson is also the director of Froedtert & The Medical College Adult Clinical Cancer Services.
The radiation oncology program serves patients at Froedtert & The Medical College academic medical center campus in Milwaukee; and at Froedtert Health Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls, and Froedtert Health St. Joseph’s Hospital, West Bend, through the Froedtert & Medical College Cancer Network; as well as St. Catherine’s Hospital, Kenosha; and Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee.
Physician and physicist members of the MCW radiation oncology practice are: Ergun Ahunbay, Ph.D.; Joseph Bovi, M.D.; Adam Currey, M.D.; Gaung-Pei Chen, Ph.D.; Beth A. Erickson, M.D.; Selim Firat, M.D.; Elizabeth Gore, M.D.; Catherine Hwang, M.D.; Candice Johnstone, M.D.; Kristofer Kainz, Ph.D.; Tracy Kelly, M.D.; Colleen A. Lawton, M.D.; Tim Less, Ph.D.; Allen Li, Ph.D.; Natalya Morrow, Ph.D.; Eric Paulson, Ph.D.; Douglas Prah, Ph.D.; Christopher J. Schultz, M.D.; Malika Siker, M.D., An Tai, Ph.D.; Dian Wang, M.D., Ph.D.; and J. Frank Wilson, M.D.
The ACR review is conducted by board-certified radiation oncologists and medical physicists who are experts in the field. During the review process, staff and equipment are evaluated to ensure they are fully qualified to provide safe, high-quality radiation therapy treatments. Receiving the accreditation means a radiation oncology facility has met the challenge of a rigorous independent review and follows nationally accepted standards of care.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde