Internist Jane Njeri Wainaina joins Medical College of Wisconsin faculty, Froedtert Hospital staff
Jane Njeri Wainaina, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of medicine (general internal medicine) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She sees patients at Froedtert Hospital.
Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Wainaina specializes in hospital medicine and infection control. She completed a fellowship in infectious disease at MCW prior to joining the faculty.
After earning her medical degree from the University of Nairobi in Nairobi, Kenya, in 1997, Dr. Wainaina completed a residency in internal medicine at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, Ill. She received the Harry Kurz, M.D., Memorial Award from St. Francis Hospital in recognition of her teaching achievements and was selected as chief resident in 2006.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military