A local foundation that helps pay for therapy, adaptive equipment, other medical expenses and field trips for special needs children has set its second annual Day at the Zoo to help raise funds.
The public is invited to the KidReach Foundation event, which will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 26 at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
The event will include games and entertainment, including the Hula Hoopers, children’s music and autographs by Joe Hammes of the Milwaukee Wave.
There also will be a raffle and silent auction.
The event registration cost of $10 includes zoo parking and admission, lunch provided by Bunzel’s and a tote bag with giveaways.
The KidReach Foundation, an affiliate of Hope Community Foundation in Wauwatosa, was launched eight years ago by the pediatric staff of Brookfield-based HealthReach Rehabilitation Services. It has helped more than 100 families over the years.
Last year, the Day at the Zoo raised approximately $10,000 for the KidReach Foundation.
Registration forms for the Day at the Zoo are available at the HealthReach Rehabilitation Services website (www.healthreachrehab.com) or at its Brookfield clinic at 17280 W. North Avenue, across from the Ruby Isle Shopping Center. Information also can be obtained by calling 262-780-0707.
HealthReach Rehabilitation Services helps people of all stages of life achieve the highest possible level of physical activity and quality of life, at clinics throughout Wisconsin and through on-site and in-home services. HealthReach Rehabilitation Services is not affiliated with any health care or hospital group, thus it is freer to act in its patients’ best interests in providing standard and customized care at a competitive price. As a Medicare Certified Rehabilitation Agency, HealthReach’s services are eligible for coverage under Medicare, Medicaid and most private health insurance plans. HealthReach, founded in 1994, is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., and has 150 clinicians operating in 15 locations in the state. It is on the web at www.healthreachrehab.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS