The annual Pro-Am Golf Tournament to benefit the Medical College of Wisconsin’s Digestive Disease Center (DDC) will be held Monday, Aug. 27, at the Wisconsin Club at 6200 W. Good Hope Road in Milwaukee.
The event includes a raffle for one of four prizes, including a trip for two to the 2013 Masters Tournament in Augusta, Ga., a Chicago Black Hawks suite for a game during the 2012-2013 season, a trip for two to the Kentucky Oaks and Derby in Louisville, Ky., or a trip for two to the 2013 MLB All-Star Game and Home Run Derby.
The tournament features Ladies Professional Golf Association players who will team up with 128 community leaders to raise funds for Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis research at the DDC. More than 1.4 million Americans are afflicted with these two diseases, collectively known as inflammatory bowel disease. The money raised will help researchers improve the quality of life for those individuals while working towards a cure.
Russ Darrow, Chairman and CEO of the Russ Darrow Group, Inc., is the honorary chair of the event.
Last year’s Pro-Am Golf Tournament raised more than $180,000 that went towards seed grants for local research projects on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. Seed grants can spur large returns in federal funding for promising research projects, once they are underway.
Raffle tickets are $50 each or three for $100. Ticket holders do not have to be present or attend the tournament to win.
For sponsorship details or to purchase raffle tickets, contact Karen Recklies, (414) 955-4714 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Studio Barcelona on Vliet Street in Washington Heights Opens to Offer Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Creative Workshops and Hand-painted Furniture
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- THE VELVETEEN RABBIT