The annual Pro-Am Golf Tournament to benefit the Medical College of Wisconsin’s Digestive Disease Center (DDC) will be held Monday, Aug. 27, at the Wisconsin Club at 6200 W. Good Hope Road in Milwaukee.
The event includes a raffle for one of four prizes, including a trip for two to the 2013 Masters Tournament in Augusta, Ga., a Chicago Black Hawks suite for a game during the 2012-2013 season, a trip for two to the Kentucky Oaks and Derby in Louisville, Ky., or a trip for two to the 2013 MLB All-Star Game and Home Run Derby.
The tournament features Ladies Professional Golf Association players who will team up with 128 community leaders to raise funds for Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis research at the DDC. More than 1.4 million Americans are afflicted with these two diseases, collectively known as inflammatory bowel disease. The money raised will help researchers improve the quality of life for those individuals while working towards a cure.
Russ Darrow, Chairman and CEO of the Russ Darrow Group, Inc., is the honorary chair of the event.
Last year’s Pro-Am Golf Tournament raised more than $180,000 that went towards seed grants for local research projects on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. Seed grants can spur large returns in federal funding for promising research projects, once they are underway.
Raffle tickets are $50 each or three for $100. Ticket holders do not have to be present or attend the tournament to win.
For sponsorship details or to purchase raffle tickets, contact Karen Recklies, (414) 955-4714 or email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night