The Milwaukee Art Museum’s monthly Target Free First Thursday for August is on Thursday, August 2. Admission is free for individuals, and access to the entire Museum is included.
“We are thrilled to be able to offer this opportunity to our visitors,” said Museum director Daniel Keegan. “Since the program started, over 30,000 people have participated in Target Free First Thursdays.”
The Museum will also accept cash or check donations to help the victims of the Center Street fire in Riverwest, which happened on July 17. Checks should be made out directly to MARN, the Milwaukee Artist Resource Network, who has set up an emergency fund to benefit the artists affected by the fire.
“It is important to reach out to our friends and neighbors in a time of need, and I encourage the community to donate to those who have lost their homes and livelihoods,” said Keegan.
The Museum’s feature exhibition, "Posters of Paris," has been a popular stop for summer visitors. Advertising everything from theatre productions to the debaucherous cancan, bicycles to champagne, brightly hued, larger-than-life-size posters with bold typography and playful imagery punctuated the streets of turn-of-the-century Paris.
Also on view is "Face Jugs: Art and Ritual in 19th Century South Carolina," and contemporary installations by Tara Donovan and video artist Isaac Julien.
Target Free First Thursdays provides all Museum visitors with free admission on the first Thursday of each month. The Museum is open Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Future Target Free First Thursday dates include September 6, October 4, and November 1, 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22